• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris XLT Parts

Northlander

Hey all you bubble heads. Where is the best place to get some parts for my sled. Its a 95. I need a plastic piece that the pull rope goes through. It is wore down and the rope catches and wont recoil back in because it catches in it.

Im also looking for some hand shields to keep the wind off my hands.

I had the same problem with the plastic guide and bought a new one from the local polaris dealer (also purchased new recoil rope at the same time from them) and after three weeks the new one was also starting to get a groove. (they must have switched to some really cheap matierial!)

Anyway, I found a round polished ring (similar to one off a 3-ring binder) that was a little smaller in diameter on the inside than the hole that the plastic guide fits in and glued (JB Weld) this in its place so the rope is now guided on this smooth ring.

Northlander...my buddy has an Ultra with the same problem. That is a terrible design on the recoil rope routing. Anyways, he has replaced it like for like and the same happens in a short order. He then found a similarly sized metal collar to replace the plastic. I wasn't too keen on the idea but it shows almost no wear after quite some time.