• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rifle opener

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be back home in Northome hunting with the family. The kids will also be going out again this year in Grandpa's Mansion! grin

Last year I had my daughter out hunting in it and she fell asleep for about an hour, woke up and asked any deer yet, I said NO, then she fell back asleep. Little did she know I took a picture of here deer hunting at age 8 and sleeping.

THat is what it is all about people, getting the kids involved and seeing the smile on the wife's face when she shoots another big buck! Thanks to me giving her my stand that I had for years and being very successful. Eventually it will go to one of the kids so they can have a successful hunt and hang a deer on the wall!

Sign looked good last weekend and can't wait to go up and get the camera to see what is around the new stand we built last weekend. Dad is starting to get out of the old ways and listen to the younger generation a little! whistle

Good luck this season and be safe!

Woodman,

Way to go!

I'm looking forward to spending the opener in the Fifty Lakes area. We are going up tomorrow to set a couple stands and look around a little - then maybe a little duck shootin!

I finally got my self interest out of the way early this year with my two archery does and have a late South Dakota hunt planned where I can concentrate on a nice buck.

I'm stoked that I can completely concentrate on my two girls getting the best season I can give them this year. The oldest is looking for her first buck and the youngest has been working on her bow skills. She's not ready to take a deer yet, but we can go through the motions this season to get her prepared for next season.

We'll see how it all works out. smile

tednugefan,

I know where you are then. That is some nice deer country and it is a totally a different hunt then most people get in Minnesota. My buddies hunt farms, push small wood acres and get plenty of deer. Where we are it is the "Big Woods" and while my buddies know which deer they are going to shoot it is not like that up there. My buddies laugh at the 8 pointers I shoot because they say you should wait for bigger. I get that but my last 4 deer have been really nice bucks especially for public hunting. I hunt actually north of Fairbanks. You probably know where just don't want to say where on here but near the big lake with no public access but by ATV down a Forestry Road where people catch walleyes. On the buck board look for the same name twice (Dad and I have the same name). Last year I shot an 8 pointer 188 pounds. Big deer most places but like 50th place up there! My dad shot a 9 pointer 209 pounds and did not even break the top 20! My brother was 1 pound from the average wt. deer.