• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

camp ripley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going the first weekend. I can't wait.

I am also going up early to hunt with a few friends who live in the area. With the camp ripley hunt being Sun-Mon, it gives me more hunting time fri-sat.

I am in on the second hunt. I am interested to see how it goes for the first weekend. Are people going to show up early or at noon like they suggested this time. I got burned last year showing up early. I won't be chancing that this year.

I will be up for the second weekend. Went last year for the first time and had a lot of fun. Passed up a few bucks and saw a couple bruizers but no shot. Good luck to everyone. Post those pictures when you get back!!!

I'm in for the 1st hunt. Will be my 1st time also. I grew up in Little Falls so I know the area, but was wondering about what kind of mess a guy can expect at check-in. I believe it states that the gate opens at noon, but there's no parking/waiting on the roads nearby. So what do yall do for the next 12 hours...tailgate? I'm going to tow a small camper in. Must get pretty crowded at the camping area? Then, after you get in, how do you get your place in line? Drop the camper off and park the truck in line? Thanks for any info and/or advice. I'd just rather not be the guy who's not prepared any holding things up.

2nd hunt here with my dad and brother.

It's a real [PoorWordUsage] shoot up there if you don't know where you want to hunt from past years experience. I've done it I think 3 other times now if I remember correctly... Best to get in line early on Saturday night if you can. In the past we would get there late at night and get in the back part of the line, then once we get to where we want to hunt it's kinda late for when I would prefer to be on stand. Though there are lots of other guys with the same problem, which usually means the deer are moving all day long due to so much hunter movement.

Unless things have changed, you set your camping gear along the road that the line forms on, then move your truck to a position in the back of the line. Just make sure you aren't the guy who sleeps in and then your truck blocks everyone trying to go hunting...

If anyone has any readily identifiable way to meet up at the line, I'll try to stop by. smile

Me and a buddy got in 2nd weekend this will be our second time going

Who cares about getting their early it's way over-rated as far as I'm concerned just wait until you see where everyone else goes and then you go where you see the least amount of vehicles and stay as far as you can from trails and roads.

I would be willing to meet up with you guys

I already met fishinmajishin at annandale this summer

Here is a pic of the camper we will be staying in minus the snow and lake.

100_1094-1.jpg

My buddy and I are in on the 2nd weekend again this year. We were the very first camper in the line last year....my buddy showed up and the guard said they had penalized those that showed up early by moved them off to the side in a holding area..and sent us on in...ended up the very first camper next to the starting line. I doubt if that will ever happen to us again.

glad to hear about all the people going! it will be cool to see how everyone did! post pics when you get them! my dad and my little brother are doing the youth camp ripley archery hunt this weekend up there so it will be interesting to see how they do. hopefully they find some good spots for when i go!

I was thinking about everyone meeting up at the consession building at like 5:30 or 6 pm Saturday night. That way we aren't wandering looking for an individuals vehical, it gets to be a long line. Hope to meet a few of you out there the 2nd weekend.

My buddy and I are in on the 2nd weekend again this year. We were the very first camper in the line last year....my buddy showed up and the guard said they had penalized those that showed up early by moved them off to the side in a holding area..and sent us on in...ended up the very first camper next to the starting line. I doubt if that will ever happen to us again.

You lucky #&%$, We were one of those caught in the holding area. We could see the vehicles going to the front of the line and all we could do is sit there and crack another cold one. We still weren't that far back from the front of the line but not as close as years past.

We are hunting the first weekend this year. Wont make the same mistake twice!

Nels

4 of us are in for the first weekend. Looking forward to seeing some faces behind all these posts. I like the idea of meeting at the consession building at 6pm. Anyone else in?

If you see a Black 2500chevy with black rims and black topper towing a Prowler camper that will be me. Come say hi and crack a "man-soda".

HOOTTOOTEN

I for one did not get drawn this year. I was hoping to get to try out the new fish shack but will have to wait till the lakes freeze over. If anyone wants some coordinates of my spot in ripley give me your email and all i would want in return is a hunt report when u get back. Good luck and most of all have fun. And remember to have a little patience and when someone walks under your stand thank them as they are the reason that the deer move all day long.

aka dmc

Kev...My first time out there this year...I'd be more interested in your overall experiences out there than a specific spot. I've got a couple general areas I'd like to try first, but not much to go on other than aerial photos.

Thanks.

slengel at izoom dot net