• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cultured Stone?

beehatch21

I was wondering because a contractor quoted us a price on Owens Corning and now is telling us to pick our style and color from Boulder Creek. So I was wondering if there was a difference in the two brands as far as quality and price. Just want to make sure there is not something we don't know about.

Both manufacturers you've listed make comparable quality material. Owens owns the name "Cultured Stone" and has been offering product for the longer time by far. As stated above Boulder Creek is made in Minn.

Mfg. stone has become very popular and many companies make the material. The price for the material has become very consistent because of that competition. Owens & Boulder make good products. Find the pattern you like best for your house. There is not much of a price difference between the two for comparable styles of material.

We had the Boulder Creek brand put on the front of our home last June, the Montana Ledgestone pattern. We love it. After looking at several brochures of cultured stone patterns they all began to look similar. The retailer gave us a list of addresses they had delivered that pattern to so we could see it on the homes.

Both manufacturers you've listed make comparable quality material. Owens owns the name "Cultured Stone" and has been offering product for the longer time by far. As stated above Boulder Creek is made in Minn.

Mfg. stone has become very popular and many companies make the material. The price for the material has become very consistent because of that competition. Owens & Boulder make good products. Find the pattern you like best for your house. There is not much of a price difference between the two for comparable styles of material.

What he said! It is a difference of a Kleenex or facial tissue, same type of product, different name. Either will perform well as long as it is applied correctly.

From a builders standpoint, I often give people different samples then I had originaly figured. Many reasons, I talked with a different rep on one day, one product had more of what I thought you were looking for, better delivery schedule, etc. Don't read more into it then you need to.