• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AMSOIL PROFESSIONAL

JOHN T jr.

I have picked up my 1st power auger.(LAZER MAG) Last year this thread had talked a lot about the use of AMSOIL... Strikemaster says to use a 24:1 gas oil mixture..That must relate to the use of the oil they sell.. What do most of you guys, (that use AMSOIL PROFESSIONAL) use as a good gas-oil mix in your augers? Thanks a lot.....See you on the ice...><)))*>

If I have the 1.5 oz. pillow pack I use one gallon of gas. Lately though i've been using 2 oz. per gallon cause it's just easier to measure out of a bottle that way. If you want exactly a 100:1 mix just ad or subtract a little gas. A recent coversation with my rep also stated he absolutely does not recommend using premium gas either. (he did say if it's working for youthen do what ya gotta do). For years i've been told you have to use premium in two strokes. I recently switched to reg. and my chain saw does seem to run better. Will have to see how the auger does later...

AMSOIL gives you safe lubrication warranty as lean as 100-1 in all stock air cooled pre-mix 2-cycle engines with the Saber Professional (augers, chain saws, string cutters, etc). Many prefer to play it safe and use it richer - at around 80-1 for a lot of people. With the 'Pillow packs' you will get somewhere around 90-1 if you get almost all of it out of the packet in a gallon of gas. Even at 50-1 you should still be smokeless or nearly so, but that is richer than I prefer. The 8-oz bottles are marked ounces on one side and how much oil to use per gallon of gas on the other side to make it convenient.

Glockwinger the oilman has a link to there HSOforum in his post. They will ship it out of the Superior warehouse and ships out right away. I really like the pillow packs cause they take all the guess work out of mixing and works great in all of my 2 cycle motors. The last batch I ordered I got in 1 day but I do live close by.

I just get the 8 oz Amsoil Sabre Professional bottle. It is more affordable per ounce than anyone elses 50-1 mix, and easy to get either though the oilman or in a few select auto stores. The bottle has 1 oz increments on the side, and just make sure to look at the bottle before you start pouring!

About 1.6 oz (a long 1 1/2 oz pour) mixed with 1 gallon of gas will get you close to 80-1. 1.3 oz (a long 1 1/4 oz pour) will get you 100-1. Thats over 5 gallons of gas you can mix out of an 8 oz bottle. If you are short on oil at the end of the bottle, just mix a half gallon or whatever seems right, or just get your next bottle. Pour what you need in the old bottle to get your last proper dosage, and mix away!

To lessen your confusion on mixing, take a 1 gallon can, write on it in perm marker "1.6 oz Sabre /gal = 80/1 mix", and use it for every thing you use mixed gas for. You won't regret it!

Good Morning Oilman,

I have a Jiffy 77 ice auger. This is my first power auger. It says in the Jiffy information to use a 40:1 ratio. This was a used unit I purchased. By using the Amsoil Saber Professional oil, I can mix it at 80:1 or 100:1 and get the auger to run smooth and smokeless. I appreciate your input. Have a good day.

Thanks, Bruce

I live in Superior Wi. so I pick up all my Amsoil products right at the Amsoil corperate office. Get on the frefered customer program and you will save some $.

I buy 30 of the pillow packs at a time and they last me a long long time. I use it in my mowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, sidewalk trimmer etc.

I've seen the pillow packs at FF, and you can find them at most gas stations/bait shops that sell amsoil products. I usually buy a hand full so I always have some on hand. Your stuff will start better, run better, and cleaner based on my experience. I use it for all my small engine 2 cycles (auger, hedge trimmer, weed wip).

I've seen the pillow packs at FF, and you can find them at most gas stations/bait shops that sell amsoil products. I usually buy a hand full so I always have some on hand. Your stuff will start better, run better, and cleaner based on my experience. I use it for all my small engine 2 cycles (auger, hedge trimmer, weed wip).

True other places do have it, but why not get it delivered to your door, and support one of our sponsors!

Thanks a lot guys.. Sorry for the late response I went out of town for a few days. It looks as though the 80:1 mix will take care of ALL my equipment. Thank You. I went looking for a retail outlet SOUTH OF THE RIVER without any luck.. The fleet farm in Lakeville had Amsoil, but not the "SABER PROFESSIONAL".Dose anyone know of any other outlet I should check that is close to my area? ><(((*>

I run Amsoil in my vehicles but had never tried it in my auger until yesterday. What a night and day difference!! Had some smoking with the little remaining SM/fuel mix that was in the tank before I filled with the new mix but once the new mix found its way into the carb it was smoke free for the first time ever. I'm totally sold and won't ever run without it again. I'll be switching my trimmer and blower over to the Amsoil next summer for sure.