• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T.V. in the fishhouse

icewoman

I am looking to hook up my underwater camera to a t.v. this year and wondering what type of t.v. people use. What type of picture do you get? Do you run it with a generator or battery pack or battery? I have both a Marcum and an Aqua View camera.

I also have a Marcum camera(color), Last year using 110v power, I hooked it up to a new 20" Sansui HDV flat panel. Now I have way to many people stopping by to see it at it's best...Big screen walleyes,pike & alots of panfish. Sometimes I just watch the action, the picture is so real and clear that some people think it is a DVD. Just run cable for your TV and then to your camera(you will need 1 small adaptor for your camera). Good Luck

I am a bit jealous. With two camera's already it is hard to justify the color Marcum....but dang that would be nice. I also like the design of the color unit, it seems so much more compact. I have to say, compared to the Aquaview I like the Marcum much better. I have a lot of fun with the camera, nothing better for me then sitting in the house watching the camera and seeing all of what is down there...

I picked up a TV/DVD/CD/MP3/Radio combo on the bay between d & f for under $100 (it's an under cabinet mount model made for kitchen applications). The screen is only 9" but you have your all in one unit right there and the size is fine, really you are only 8 - 10' away from it at any given moment anyway. Hook up the satellite dish, set up the camera in the corner hole and hook it to the AUX ports, crack a beer and let the vegetation begin!

I have 2 Sansui HD flat panel's in the house and now 1 in the fish house. The one in the fish house allow's you to slide the dvd in from the side, it doesn't take up any extra room. It stay's in the fish house 24/7...I also heat the fish house all winter long 24/7, I have a forced air furnace with 3 batteries. I also run a 36" ceiling fan which is a big factor in keeping the hole's open all the time. It set's 100 yards away on the ice from my front picture window. For security I have 2 solar polared night light's. The best part is, my decking business allow's me to have late fall day's off and all of the winter to fish almost every day. A friend of mine last year let his batteries run down and his house froze,he also has a flat panel. All he did was let it dry out for a day and it worked the rest of the season. Good Luck!