• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you prefer company, or alone?

titelines

I usually fish very early at that cabin and there is nothing like being the only one out there just you and the loons. Then again when one of the kids wakes up and shows up on the dock I am happy to see them and get them in the boat.

The best kind of fishing is fishing with your son/Daughter and having them out fish you. Nothing like the smile they have when they catch a nice one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yeah I like fishing with someone else. Not a turd that fishes an open face upside down and reels backward, steel leaders on crappie hooks, bobbers the size of an orange for panfish, knows all about fishing and doesn't shut up...not that guy, I don't want to go fishing with that guy.

But, once you find out that you and a bud, or a relative are compatable fishing partners, hey, it's the way to go. You can lie to each other, swear, eat fattening stuff out of the lunch bucket, maybe pop a brew or two, compare notes, tackle, brag, lie somemore and just have a jellava good time.

If something happens, two are better then one! If you get a big chunk of that ham sammich stuck in your throat, after a 50 inch muskie hits right at boat side, if you are alone, whose gonna do the hind lick maneuver on you? laugh

I'm running out of fishing partners and it has me a little worried that I'll have to start fishing alone more then what I would care to! Catching a big fish or having some kind of happening take place, is always better when it is shared with someone else.

If you go alone, who helps with the expense? Who takes the pictures? Who grabs the dock when you land the boat? Who helps with the work load? Who care verify your 50 inch sunnie?

Nah, given my druthers, I'd druther go with someone, or have someone come with me.

I usually fish very early at that cabin and there is nothing like being the only one out there just you and the loons.

This is the way I feel about it also. If someone is with me, I always feel the need to keep doing something different.

I like a little of each. I find that I catch more fish when I am alone because I can fish how and ware I want and don't have to worry about someone else. The problem is nobody beleives I catch anything because I rarely keep anything. Sometimes its nice to have someone to joke around with in the boat. Finding a good fishing partner is also a good way to learn to fish better. I spent 4 days in September fishing alone near Grand Marais and everyone (including my wife) thought I was crazy.It was a blast, no work, no screaming kids just nice quiet outdoors. I havent done that in at least 10 years. The last day I caught 96 walleyes in 3 hours. Nothing for size to brag about but Ive never caught walleyes like that. It would have been fun to have a freind with to share that experiance with.

Go Gophers

I prefer company under most circumstances. I do fish alone, but I do enjoy others company. But I have taken people who are pain to have with. Nothing driving an hour each way and then having someone complain they need to get home after 3 or 4 hours on the lake...AAARRGGHHH!

I like the company of supporters who follow the regs, pick up after themselves, and know how to pitch in instead of just waiting for you to do all the work.

Everyone else, I guess I don't like, unless I'm just the supporter.

Agreed, the ones that expect everything to be covered and they just show up to fish don't get offered a ton of rides in my boat. You help out with bait or gas or whatnot, you are always welcome. If I gotta flip the whole bill I might as well fish myself. I always feel bad if I don't get the folks with me on fish.

I like to fish alone. I am usually fishing from the shore of my favorite river, and I found out I can be alot sneakier when I'm alone. Sneaking up on a hole can be essential when you want to catch something. The only draw-back is not having someone there to take a pic of a great catch. I hate that.