Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goose89

Lowrance Broadband Sounders

4 posts in this topic

Anybody have any experience or knowledge of this new gadget. What exactly is the purpose / benefit of it. If someone could "dumb it down" for me, I'd appreciate it. I've got a newer 112 & 38hd. What's this "gadget" gonna do for me???

I actually had the same question. I will be watching for any information too.

Broadband sounders are basically DSP (digital signal processing.) The device takes the analog signal the transducer receives back as an echo and runs it through algorithms to clean it up based on predictable fishing patterns so the screen presents better separation and overall better feedback. I've heard that the next generation of Lowrance head units will have this capability without running the stand alone box. Not sure on this, but that's what I heard.

The broadband also varies the analog output through a feedback system to the lowest level needed for a good return. The lower the output, the less noise and distortion that needs to be dealt with on the return signal from odd bounces and 2x, 3x returns.