Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooter

Tip-up spinner rig colors

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I tip-up fish a small spring fed lake which has relatively clear water - you can see bottom in 7-8 fow. Other than silver, what spinner colors would you guys recommend for my livebait rigs? Thanks, later.

Hey,

I tied up a few QS rigs last year with the really small blades in black. Just enough to be considered legal. That blade against the darker top of the back on a sucker is pretty hard to really see, it sure doesn't stand out.

Not as much a color recommendation as a subtle approach for clear water. Hope that helps.

if hoping to attract pike with the spinner in clear water I would use silver as mentioned and gold cause of the flash.

I have tried a lot of colors and all have had their moments. As you say silver and gold are always good choices but for the last few years orange/black and orange/white have been my favorites. Trying to match the black on black with a small spinner is an excellent idea to try also.

Last year my 'Christmas tree rig' worked well - a silver spinner with a couple pretty pearl red and green beads.

Years back an acquaintance beat me to my flag and pulled in about a 20lber. That was on my homemade double bladed red and white that was packed with matching beads. Sometimes they like the jewels.

I will try it, the gals at the hardware store next door might get a kick out of me shopping for pink spray paint....

I'm telling ya if you take a look at the old color research done by infish and a few others pink always was on top for visability.

JP - You prefer the Two Lips, Cherry Grove, or Strawberry Hill? Rose Sharon and Daddy's Little Girl are options also.

Well I got a 1 oz bottle of flo pink vinyl paint coming....with this weather I might get a report in not long after gun season.