• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip-up spinner rig colors

Cooter

Hey all,

I tip-up fish a small spring fed lake which has relatively clear water - you can see bottom in 7-8 fow. Other than silver, what spinner colors would you guys recommend for my livebait rigs? Thanks, later.

Hey,

I tied up a few QS rigs last year with the really small blades in black. Just enough to be considered legal. That blade against the darker top of the back on a sucker is pretty hard to really see, it sure doesn't stand out.

Not as much a color recommendation as a subtle approach for clear water. Hope that helps.

I have tried a lot of colors and all have had their moments. As you say silver and gold are always good choices but for the last few years orange/black and orange/white have been my favorites. Trying to match the black on black with a small spinner is an excellent idea to try also.