Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slowfinger

Skid plates

11 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a dead horse, I searched for old posts with limited success. I'm looking to replace the plastic plates on my '06 Kodiak. Has anyone found a place in the twin cities to order some up? I'd prefer not to purchase directly off the net... Thanks!!

My first choice would be a dealership. Most that I have seen order a wide range of brands through Parts Unlimited (they only sell through dealers).

"My first choice would be a dealership."

That might not be your wallets first choice though!! Dealerships prices on accessories are usually pretty high when compared to catalog or internet orders.

I'd try Dennis Kirk or Shade Tree locally.

Or, make your own. They are pretty easy for the most part.

Here is mine, it took just over an hour to make and install.

Skidplate4.jpg

Looks pretty clean, Mac. Pretty much like you don't go off pavement. wink

See the little nubs on the tires? That was straight off the trailer from the dealer. It had about 50 ft on the machine at that time. winkwink

Oh come on, Mac.....the nubs are strill on smirk

Gotta talk to you about brake pads and rotors for the front of the Ford, too. cry

Well, umm.... the trailer is all loaded up and we're heading for the border in the morning for 6 days of nothing but riding. If its just questions, email me and I will check it later. If you need me to do something for you I'd like to help but, sorry you know me, priorities prevail right now. If it can wait, I'll be back by next Saturday and I can help you out then. blush

Oh, no, it can wait. Just gonna put some pads and rotors in sometime. Figured you might get me some good ones wink Have fun!