Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucktailsam

SE MN grouse

10 posts in this topic

I was out in my tree stand bow hunting the other evening and could hear the grouse drumming all over. I haven't really heard of anyone grouse hunting the Winona area before and am wondering if it is worth a try?

Thanks

Sam

We used to have some grouse action in whitewater park.

redhooks

I hunt turkeys down south of there and have always wanted to grouse hunt it..Always hear and see a bunch of birds..The only thing is you have to be half billy goat and have one leg longer than the other to hunt them effectively.. The terrain is rugged to say the least but I would love to give it a try..There is the chance for the mixed bag hunt with a rooster sprinkled in...I would give it a try for sure!!!! Tell us how it goes...uplander

Me and mydad hit that area a couple years ago. Only got one if i recall. But it is true, you need two sherpas and a mountain goat to cover that terrain.

Isn't all that area down there closed to grouse hunting? i could be wrong but i thought i saw a map that said you cant grouse hunt from an area around the metro south...I could be wrong

I heard a lot of grouse drumming and saw a few around the Wabasha area turkey hunting this spring...always wanted to try it...the hills would be tough and I guess I always end up heading north...

target sunny hilltops, sill save on your legs

hopefully a good four wheeler or a nice walking path