• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lady Deer Hunter

My wife goes slug hunting with us every year. And 4 years ago, we went out and got her everything that she would need for hunting deer.

Im thinking of going to get her something new for the upcoming season. Have any of you Ladies seen anything new out there for deer hunting that Ladies can't go without?

bns, the hottest appearel on the womens forum seems to be pink camo. whistlelaughcrazy now only if it would be legal. seriously, i really dont know what a gal deer hunter would like, best leave that to the ladies.

I like pink. It compliments my coloring! blushsmile Such a girlie thing to say huh? grin

I personally have never used a pink fishing rod. I don't think it would make me less of a fishergirl though. It's just that when they market these "pink" items, it doesn't usually say alot about quality workmanship, sensitivity or quality materials. Find me a pink rod that's as nice as some of my Jason Mitchell ones and I'll give it a try though.

Sorry BnS, I don't hunt at this time. I've got nothing new to recommend for you to get her. I did find a site called Camo Diva that's quite interesting. Cabela's also has great stuff that actually FIT women too.

My nieces have all they need, but love to just have someone take time and shoot with them.

Take your wife to a shooting range and practice. Maybe give some more pointers on hunting?

Or, go for a walk in the woods before season and have a picnic.

Clean her gun. Wash all the hunting clothes....

Just some ideas....

I would suggest some new warm undergarments. Not sure what she already has - but I would appreciate some of the better quality long underwear sets for women. I enjoy hunting/fishing MUCH better if I am comfortable and I'm fairly certain she does too. I also have a hard time keeping my feet warm so I'm going to try some of the wick socks I've heard about on here. If she hunts in a stand, maybe one of the newer ones that have the cloth around it(to hide some of the movement) or one more comfortable than she has now. I know there are alot of new styles of stands out.

Good Luck on the new items and also on you both getting a nice deer.

By the way - do NOT buy her anything pink for deer hunting, save that for at home. smile

Vickie