Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bitz

Citori, DU 20 Ga

7 posts in this topic

I have a never been fired 1982 DU 20 Ga Citori with case and engraved etc. I also have a 1984 Rem 1100 matched pair of DU guns that have never been fired. I am not trying to sell them but am trying to determine the value for adding to my insurance and can't seem to find anyone to give me an idea. Both sets are in custom cases etc and in perfect shape. I paid to get on the gun blue book, and after getting on line, they don't price DU guns.

Anyone have any ideas. I hate to under value them if something were to happen to them.

Thanks for any advice.

Bitz

I would think $1,000.00 for the Citori. I'm not sure what the other is, is it two 1100's ?

The DU or PF are only worth what the gun is worth unless you can find another to pay the extra.

"The DU or PF are only worth what the gun is worth unless you can find another to pay the extra"

Yep. I had an Ithica model 37 ultralight DU gun of the year(or something like that), that was stolen while I was in Germany in the Army. It had a really cool laminated stock and forend, with the DU engraving. DU was really cool in that they gave me another gun. Unfortunately, they gave me an 870 Wingmaster right off the store shelf. A great gun that I shot a lot of birds with, but not quite the same. And to think that was the only decent gun I have ever won at any banquet.

Harvey, yes its 2 1100's... a 20 ga and a 12 ga

I would guess you are looking at approx $650.00 each plus whatever extra you could get as they are DU guns.

The guns are worth what the blue book says they are worth, at 95%. It does not matter that you have not fired them, in terms of calling them 100%. Once they leave a gun shop or an FFL dealer, they depreciate, just like a car.

The fact that they received D.U. treatement only holds value to a D.U. collector, so it is not likely you'll find an accurate value to them accept via a collector trying to fill some holes. Likewise, your insurance won't care about the D.U. treatement.

Value them at Blue book rating at 95% and be done.

Flatlander.

I have the exact gun you are talking about. Got it sitting in a gun shop on consignment right now.

DU and PF logos don't increase the value unless it's some special make or model. Not many guns out there that will go up in value. Mass production kinda kills collectability(is that even a real word?).