• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with sturgeon fishing

Eric Wetteland

Eric, I assume that you are planning on fishing the St. Croix. It's really no secret where to fish there. Put in in Bayport and just head to the warm water discharge that is up stream from there towards Stillwater. If you go under the power lines you have gone to far. I would fish in like 30 feet of water or so.

Eric down by Afton in 50 ft to 65 ft of water in the channel is good also.

As for what you need is a stout rod #5 circle hook 2-3 ounce weight with a 2 foot leader.

Bait, Gobs of nightcrawlers or 4 or 5 fat heads to a hook just sitten on the bottom.

Oh yea, heavy line I use 40# power pro.

That's a good question but hard to answer. But answer by my experience this year. I haven't fished the evening yet so I don't about the times but hear their is a good bite.

Last Monday and Tuesday the bite was on from 2:30pm to 6:00pm. But Friday and Saturday bad both bite days weather I think.

But I would stick to 2:30pm to 6:00pm.