• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Coach Won't Make It To Seasons End?

zamboni

I think the Bengals and Browns have been the biggest disappointment so far this season, I wouldn't be shocked to see those 2 gone, and Herm Edwards is skating on pretty thin ice as well. Losing 34-0 to the Panthers probably doesn't help

I also don't see Herm Edwards being let go either. They have publicly stated that they are going through a rebuilding phase which will give him more time than the rest. Marinelli is a dead man walking either sometime during the season or seasons end. Chili and the Vikes are going to win a weak division and that will save his job.

I don't want to see Childress get fired until the end of the season. Coaching changes mid season never help the situation.

I would rather them stay the course and see what Childress can do and then fire him at the end of the season and go out and spend the time to find the right guy.

Promoting an assistant coach from this staff mid season would do nothing but ensure a better draft pick.

Out of the list mentioned I think the hot seat in Cinnci. is about as hot as they come. They have some talent on that team but they just aren't gettig it done.

Herm won't get fired. Their team sucks, and they knew it going into this season. Everyone, including the ownership, knows this isn't his fault.

I think this win ensures that Childress will be riding the Viking bus at least till the season is over. How that ride goes will determine whether or not he'll be on the sidelines in 09. [flame suit] Kinda sad, I almost wish we had lost last night. [/flame suit] Not really, but if I were asked to trade a win for a good coach, I wouldn't have to think too hard about it.

And as far as coaches getting fired mid-season... if I had to guess I'd say Marinelli will go first, possibly followed by Lewis, then maybe Romeo.

Wish I was the guy that had the End of season or longer spot he's going to win.

With Millen being relieved of his duties as President and CEO of the Lions I don't envision Marinelli being fired until seasons end at the earliest.