• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see your boat/blind

most south central guys know who makes this blind thier made by jim schroeder(sp) skybuster blinds. the prices vary from what size your boat is and what kind of doors you want etc..

P9270008.jpg

P9160380.jpg

P9160369.jpg

Yea, I see a lot of them down their. But how many mallards do you get to set in with that hog? The horizontal bar in the back doesn't look natural to me? The front looks great. Just wondering if you can hook a flock of 50 mallards with that setup?

PS: never been a fan of blinds. Tried them before, just don't seem to work as good as hiding the boat in the weeds, cutting some cover, and not moving a inch.

a flock of fifty has no problem hooking around the back/top of it really conceals us in the blind when they swing over its decieving in the picture the gap in between the to rails is only 18" so the ducks cant see down in the boat plus it keeps the wind up and over the boat. like I said it decieveing I think that back stop is only like 7" higher than the top rail. I love my blind and so do a lot of the other hunters I see at the landing

ya its a home jobber it will be the second year for the blind the boat is older then dust but it dont leak since this pic i have re done the front for more over the top cover....how does that mud motor run on your boat buy the looks of it it is a 14 footer as well

its an 18hp motor that pushes us 6.5 loaded when empty it goes like 8. my boat looks like a fourteen becuase of the blind actual distance from front to back is 15' 5" the next time out im gonna video some thick mud action so I can post how well this motor goes through the muck of most sloughs

my buddy just finised his boat if he has any pictures of it I will post them, he just replicated my blind (sort of)

Do you guys know what the best way to fasten that avery fastgrass or what ever it's called to a blind? I've got about a 7 year old avery blind. The kind that folds down in the back and in the front. I'm just wondering if that grass will be ruined if it get's folded in half.

Do you guys know what the best way to fasten that avery fastgrass or what ever it's called to a blind? I've got about a 7 year old avery blind. The kind that folds down in the back and in the front. I'm just wondering if that grass will be ruined if it get's folded in half.

lots and lots of zip ties

fish on, hit the nail on the head I dont think those grass mats are to flexible maybe just fasten in at the top and let it hang when your blind is folded down idk

i think they will fold up fine my buddy had a blind very similar to the avery and it folded just fine mine are in 8 foot wall sections and i roll the whole thing up and bungie it when i store it so you should be ok

Here's the blind I built for my trusty ol Lund Ducker 12':

Here it is set up

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

I used 3\4" conduit for the frame.

DSC01831.jpg

I used unistrut for the track and drilled holes for stop pins along the track

DSC01826.jpg

This shows the wheels I machined out of plastic, they are counterbored on the other side so the head of the bolt doesnt drag against the wall of unistrut.

DSC01832.jpg

And it folds down to this when going accross the lake or hauling in the back of the truck.

DSC01827.jpg

I need to add some concealment to the front and back end sides and then some to cover the top for these circling ducks, I get busted when I have nothing on top. 12 Foot jon boat, home mande blind frame. Used chicken wire from top to 1/2 way down to keep the fast grass from swaying too much and stays outside of the boat. Works pretty good as of my experience.

backview.jpg

closeupfront.jpg

frontview.jpg

sideview.jpg

Here's my summer project. Its maiden voyage with my custom foamer's is this weekend..My inlaws wanted this old Core craft cut up and tossed in the dumpster.. I think it was worth saving. It has a tilt tramsom,bilg,interior lighting,removable floor panels,spot light and the whole shabang only cost me $350 to do . Let me know what ya think of the conversion...

wallysboat1.jpg

wallysboat3.jpg

wallysboat7.jpg

Yakfisher, care to share how you made that. I have a predator as well. If you would prefer you can email me at duckhunter0434 at yahoo.

I built an a-frame out of pvc piping. Using 1/2" inside diameter and 1/2" outside diameter I can collapse the long sides down into about a four foot long package for transport. Below is a diagram and some more pictures. Most of the joints are glued together. I attach the narrow end through the handle loops. The spots that say no glue make it so you can disassemble and collapse the blind. The legs are in slightly different locations and of different lengths to provide more cover from behind and to give my dog room to sit up. I twist the front legs to the inside so the blind will lay flat when I am paddling. For blind material I cut the bottom of it so it barely touches the water and it is loosely zip tied on, the grass is also loosely attached.

kayak-blind_edited-1.jpg

PA100031.jpg

PA100025.jpg