Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jari Razskazoff

Gas Prices and Barrels of oil...

18 posts in this topic

So, the price of a barrel of oil is now back down to 90 dollars as of today. So if the price of a barrel of gas goes up, even as little as a couple dollars, we see a significant raise in gas prices, but when the barrel price goes down, the price of gas doesn't seem to go down as fast, or as far.

What gives?

That, my friend, is the question of the decade. I don't get it. Problem is that oil lines pockets of polititians (reps & dems) so no one sees a need to fix it. They talk about it to make us feel warm and fuzzy, but they don't care about us. It should be down in the lower $2.00 range. At least it's in the low three's instead of upper threes, but should drop a lot more.

All i know is something is not right. The rise and fall of gasoline price does not correlate to demand pricing. One has to take the effect of shut down refineries too. Maybe oil is cheap but not enough gassoline because theres not enough refineries?

Futures trading and speculation too.

bah I wish i was economist right now, I'd make a lot of money.

I agree totally with ya Sandman. A lot of lining going on. It seems they can charge anything they wish and get away with it. The only people that complain have no say or is unimportant to the Oil Companies. Remember you are just a PAWN.

G.C.

Remember you are just a PAWN.

I prefer the term wageslave. grineekshockedfrowncry

Ok that will work to. What ever you want to call yourself. They have control of your life, and they will milk it for all you got.

G.C.

It seems they can charge anything they wish and get away with it. The only people that complain have no say or is unimportant to the Oil Companies. Remember you are just a PAWN.

G.C.

Yep. And we allow them to get away with it because we keep buying gas. They will continue to charge what the market will bear...as would any company or store in business...

And as long as we keep paying, then the market continues to bear that price...

That is the proper logic Jarrod, but how do we fix it. We need gas to survive. I have cut down a lot on my driving. We hardly go anywhere. There' not much Americans can do.

You and many others have cut down, usage is more than 10% lower then previously, however it is not enough. We would need to cut down by much more, then it would come down, but then we would drive more again as the price is low and it would climb right back up again. Mass transit ridership has also increased, however when one wants to live in Hugo and work in Eden Prairie, mass transit doesn't do much good. Too many people driving over 60 miles to work and back.

Its called CEO Greed !

Capitalism maybe???

We need it, they got it. Can't blame them for making a buck. Just plain ol' jealousy.

Gas is $2.98 here in Northwood, Iowa and Mason City, Iowa just across the border from Albert Lea. It has been this low since Thursday afternoon.

Maybe they can have another "hearing" to look into this and waste more tax dollars.........

Gas is $2.98 here in Northwood, Iowa and Mason City, Iowa just across the border from Albert Lea. It has been this low since Thursday afternoon.

2.94 here in coon rapids. I'm forecasting 2.25 in the next two months. Along with another great depression.

Too many people driving over 60 miles to work and back.

I have been saying that for years now.

Lot of folks in the city want it both ways... a big city job and wages with a new McMansion in the burbs and a couple acre lot for the kids. It just can't continue to work that way. The outer ring suburbs are going to start to become ghost towns if the economy continues on this track. The rail and transportation corridors will continue to survive as commuters have an economical option.

Compared to 30 years ago we are commuting 2x-3x farther to work, our population has increased by nearly 30%, and the average home size has doubled while the average family size has reduced to about half. Is it any wonder that demand for fuel has increased?

It's funny. Listening to the economic forecasters and you'd think the falling price of crude was a bad thing even though it hasn't come close to being where it should be had it increased with the cost of living. It's still very high by comparison. It's also interesting how the price of crude has dropped by nearly 50% while the price of the finished product only dropped by about 25% even though the increase in the price of the finished product was attributed primarily to the increased price of crude. Let me guess. If the price of crude goes up a few bucks today, we'll see the price of the finished product go up tomorrow if not by the end of today.

Bob

but you have to also remember that the oil in the barrel price of today will not become gas from the refinery for about 5 weeks.so todays price on gas is relative to what the barrel cost about 5 weeks ago. go and try to figger that one out. ... paul

So in by going with that logic, if the gas goes up in five weeks, it shouldn't matter? We should get the low price until the oil catches up? Yea right!!!

Not bashing you I know that's what they do, but it doesn't work in reverse.