• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New PB for a fellow FMer and more

Musky fishing has been pretty fantastic the past month. I can't remember a time when it has been so consistent, so we are really enjoying this, and milking it for all it's worth. Catching fish just about every trip out for the past month or so. Lots of multiple fish days as well. Bucktails (dark) going fast over sharp breaklines and mid-lake structure have been producing the best. Daytime has been better than nighttime, which has been great. Converting fast following fish at the boat has been incredibly dependable, and this has been how we have been getting the vast majority of them.

Just had a three fish day with a couple more opportunities. Fellow FMer Travis Hersleff topped things off with a new personal best. This fish came in at moonset chasing a spinnerbait. It actually ate after a few boatside turns, loaded up the rod, and then popped loose in the first second or two of the fight. Then it just sat there next to the boat. It was first dark, but just a bit too dark for me to see what was going on from the back of the boat. Travis was thinking quick, and I just watched as he started a new set of ovals, and said rather excitedly..."it's just sitting there....no, here it comes....it's back on it.....it's hot right on it....I'VE GOT IT AGAIN!"

I dove for the net and we had it in short order. Do we give muskies too much credit??? This fish was super hot, or just really super stupid. Either way, it was a heckuva lotta fun! Wish they behaved like that a whole lot more often. Congrats Travis! Here he is with the 48.5 incher.

muskies010.jpg

and subsequent release...

muskies011.jpg

and a few more recent photos:

muskies001.jpg

muskies006.jpg

muskies007.jpg

muskies002.jpg

Wow that was fun Tim! You did an awesome job of keeping us on the fish all day! Most exciting and most stupidest fish I've ever caught. That fish did an awesome job of scaring the [PoorWordUsage] out of me for sure though. For a new PB and a first night fish, it couldn't have gone any better. Thanks for your help. We'll see you again soon!