• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ate minnow with hook

Midnight27

On Saturday my lab ate a minnow that was still on the hook. It was a #6 hook so pretty small, with about 8 to 10 inches of line. Not showing any signs of problems just wondering if anyone else has ever had this experience. I am hoping she will just pass it with no problem. Any thought or concerns out there?

I would be very concerned if the hook gets caught anywhere on its way through. If it were my dog I would be at the vet immediately whether or not there are any signs of a problem...you can never be too careful, especially with a family member!

This isn't the time to save any money on

vet bills. Get him in there asap and get

him checked out. Be watchful when a dog is

in the boat. Mind love to eat minnows. Even

on the end of a hook!

Went in and talked with my vet yesterday, he said that most dogs will pass a hook (especially a small one) unless is gets caught on something. He suggested as long as her behavior, eating, drinking and [PoorWordUsage] are normal that most likely things are fine. Just need to keep an eye on her to make sure things are good.

Mine ate a smaller crappie jig with a waxworm on it last winter. I talked to my vet and was told the same thing, keep an eye on the dog and be sure she is [PoorWordUsage] and peeing and eating and drinking and acting normal, everything turned out fine for me. You could run in and spend the money on the xrays but I would just give it a few days and see how the dog acts, you'll know if something is not right.

Well my dog had a present for me on our walk last night. She passed the hook and the line!! I was relieved to see it and in the future will make sure whoever is fishing with me is careful with their hook and minnow.