• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrowhead grouse, up, down or the same?

Last year was a disspointment compared to fall of 2006, this year seems to be off to a slow start as well, lots of miles covedered for a few birds from what I have seen and heard so far. The leaves are still 80% on and the next week or so should give a better indication after they fall.

redhooks

Depends on the area in the arrowhead. Some areas the birds are up and other areas I use to see a lot of birds are down. They are starting to spread out more and the leaves are comming down so it should pick up now. Probably one more week or so until most the leaves are down around Ely.

I hunt near I Falls. I usually walk by myself with no dogs and see a few birds. I had an opportunity to hunt with some great dogs the other day and boy does that make a difference. We had 3 dogs with beeper colers (spelling). We flushed 25 birds and shot 14. We got birds that I would have walked past all day long. Unbelievable. Every trail we walked had birds on it. Dogs that know what they are doing make a huge difference. Happy Hunting.