• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many people did you deal with?

Yes, it was on a public lake...but we own the undeveloped lakeshore.

They put there both 10 feet off the shore and right in front of out blind on the shore. So, we had one hunter move 100 feet down one side of the shore...and one 100 feet the other way.

Yep...that is why nothing was said and we moved. We still got a lot of shooting in.

We said nothing to them, but we could hear them talking that only we were getting the shooting. We hunted there for only 2 hours or so...and moved on...as we have a large area to hunt. So, I am sure they got some shooting in...although I didn't hear any shots.

One of the advantages of not developing your shoreline, you get some good hunting land...and no, they can't walk on the land up to the high water mark.

I can park a park right next to someone in their boat hunting...for it is public...but it is still rude. They beat us out in the morning...although we were out way before sunrise, and they had their decoys out already.

i only had myself to deal with. as it turns out, i'm a bonehead and my own worst enemy.

saturday i decided to motor up a small river to a secluded backwater, but the river turned out to be wet mud. needless to say i didn't make it very far. so i moved on to my old faithful spot where i learned that it has been over run with hawks. their really good at making sure ducks don't hang out in ditches in the middle of nowhere.

sunday i decided to take a swim in my waders. that was fun, and quite the experience. i was soaked and back home by shooting time. first time in 13 years i've gone in, now that i know what it's like, i'm not doing that again. lesson learned - don't take a stupid chance when 5 feet away is a safe and sure thing.

the lake i went to on sunday has shot me down twice this year so far, now i'm determined. i WILL beat this lake and hunt it successfully. and now that i've addressed my dumbness, i can try and beat that too, hopefully the latter doesn't take to long. blush

hey eric wolf, did you hunt on bob's land or did you go somewhere else?

My party had a [PoorWordUsage] of a time saturday. When we are walking down around 730 we saw 1 group on hunters on our privite land. we asked him if he talked with the land owner he said no we said move. he said no. well at this time I was like come on dude your trespassing. he said no i'm not. we Think thinking about the trespassing laws. I was like he you can be here. on the water but not on the land. but the problem was for him was there was no cover for his boat on the water. so he ended up moving. Then we had another party of hunters try to get on land by us and he got down right rude when we said to move. opening morning was not good for trespassers. but it happens i guess.