• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple of misc shots

Spent the weekend at a pheasant farm, and while there were a great many photo opportunities, spent most of the time concentrating on hunting. Haven't done that for awhile. A photographer would have had a ball if I could have talked one into coming along! grin

Anyway, didn't take many shots this weekend, but here were a couple:

Sun drenched maple branch:

PH1.jpg

and a humongous 'shroom:

PH2.jpg

Had a great time!

Nice stuff, Ken. Looks like a monster amanita next to your cap. Hey, I was ready to go until a client called and decided to book me. Better to earn money than to spend it, although I know it would have been a great time.

It's been quite a few years now since I lived in central N.D. Great times with the No. 6 loads and the pheasants, not to mention the Huns, sharp-tails, ducks, geese, deer . . .

Sigh.

Alas, I have some pheasant photos but they wouldn't fit the criteria for the forum. Last year with three hunting, I took the second day to shoot exclusively with the camera. There were two potential camera shots today that if I'd have been carrying the 40D instead of the 870 would have been sweet. The first involved a rooster standing stock upright with my black lab about two feet behind, nose to the ground. With the drive on high should've been able to get the two on the ground and the bird at takeoff. The other was a bird the dog flushed that flew directly at me, eye level (an al servo challange no doubt). It didn't turn until it was less than ten feet away. I'd just about kill to get those back with a camera in hand. Several retrieve shots would've been great as well. Oh, well. Maybe next year!

Well I got home Saturday night and I've only shot about 50 pictures with it just fooling around. I've got a busy week this week and don't know how much I will get to play with it.

My initial impressions on the high ISO are very favorable. I love the LCD and the menu system is great. I'm liking the highlight tone priority and auto lighting optimizer, can't wait to try it out under bright sunlight and white and black uniforms.

I really want to check the autofocus system out, we will see how the week goes.