• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

!990 volvo 760gle Question?????help

I have a new "project"car and I have a odd one for you guys.I took the battery out and give it a charge and it seems to have reverse polarity.Negative is positive.Have you ever seen a battery like this before?I did jump the car with a good battery and it starts and runs fine.Can I discharge this "reverse battery and recharge it correct polarity?c63

I've heard of this before but its rare. The Exide Battery company also claims it can happen to an acid battery when its reached its full life cycle, after the ground or positive clamp is removed from the car to break the electrical circuit from the car's electrical system. At this point the battery is junk.

Thankyou for the replies,I have heard of this before as well it's the first time I've seen it with my own two eyes.I put the battery on one of my chargers and it blew the breaker within two seconds.Then I checked it with a multi meter and low and behold the polarity is opposite.c63 Again thanks for the posts.Later,c63