Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brade04

GPS

14 posts in this topic

Still looking for a GPS. Not sure what to buy. I want one that's easy to use and somewhat reasonable. ($150-$250)Any suggestions on what brands? and where to order it from? Thanks

This is a great unit. The only downside is the memory. The more the better. I have the Vista HCx with expandable memory to store lake and land detailed mapping.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

What lakemaster card would I get with that one?

If I have a depth finder do I really need a lakemaster chip/card?

Hand held GPS units make your life much easier when ice fishing. The lakemaster chip allows for quick location of a spot you feel holds fish. The depth finder needs to either have a hole already drilled or water on the ice to work. When i use the GPS, i walk until i am on the drop and then i start to punch holes. I don't need to punch holes to find the drop. For your price range the H2O or the H2OC with color is your best option. The H2O will run you 160 and the h2OC will run you 250. The lakemaster chip will add another 100. I was not a believer till i bought the H2O last year and i will never be with out one again.

I'm going to buy the Garmin Venture HC. Besides the depth of the water, what good would a lakemaster chip do?

Has anyone ordered a GPS from [YouNeedAuthorization].com? Is it a good transaction?

Sorry, didn't know I couldn't say the address.

I really like using the GPS with lake contours in winter. Saves a lot of time searching for specific structure. I also find it useful in the summer. I can know which way a structural element lies and work my electric along an edge without guessing.

Now that I have it, I feel a little naked without it and in January, that can be chilling. smirk

Bob

I think I've made my FINAL decision. I THINK I'm going to go with the Garmin Etrex Legend HCX. I saw it at Pro Fishing Supply and it looks to be the one I'm going to get.

LOL its tough to make a decison with many good systems

You can get a Lowrance H2O black/white for around that $160 mark. If you wanna give me a ring at Thorne Bros I can put together a good package for you with a chip... 763-572-3782

I bought the Garmin Etrex Legend HCX from Pro Fishing Supply. About how long should it be before I get it? I had the standard shipping.