Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brade04

GPS

14 posts in this topic

Still looking for a GPS. Not sure what to buy. I want one that's easy to use and somewhat reasonable. ($150-$250)Any suggestions on what brands? and where to order it from? Thanks

This is a great unit. The only downside is the memory. The more the better. I have the Vista HCx with expandable memory to store lake and land detailed mapping.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

If I have a depth finder do I really need a lakemaster chip/card?

Hand held GPS units make your life much easier when ice fishing. The lakemaster chip allows for quick location of a spot you feel holds fish. The depth finder needs to either have a hole already drilled or water on the ice to work. When i use the GPS, i walk until i am on the drop and then i start to punch holes. I don't need to punch holes to find the drop. For your price range the H2O or the H2OC with color is your best option. The H2O will run you 160 and the h2OC will run you 250. The lakemaster chip will add another 100. I was not a believer till i bought the H2O last year and i will never be with out one again.

I'm going to buy the Garmin Venture HC. Besides the depth of the water, what good would a lakemaster chip do?

Has anyone ordered a GPS from [YouNeedAuthorization].com? Is it a good transaction?

I really like using the GPS with lake contours in winter. Saves a lot of time searching for specific structure. I also find it useful in the summer. I can know which way a structural element lies and work my electric along an edge without guessing.

Now that I have it, I feel a little naked without it and in January, that can be chilling. smirk

Bob

I think I've made my FINAL decision. I THINK I'm going to go with the Garmin Etrex Legend HCX. I saw it at Pro Fishing Supply and it looks to be the one I'm going to get.

LOL its tough to make a decison with many good systems

You can get a Lowrance H2O black/white for around that $160 mark. If you wanna give me a ring at Thorne Bros I can put together a good package for you with a chip... 763-572-3782

I bought the Garmin Etrex Legend HCX from Pro Fishing Supply. About how long should it be before I get it? I had the standard shipping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Well, it's not like he has an overwhelming desire to wake up one morning with a .45 hole in his skull.
    • Our Annual Spring Sale is right around the corner! Only a month away!  April 21-23 at our store location in Blaine, MN!  EVERYTHING will be on sale and you can talk with industry reps and Pros, not to mention food, prizes, and fun for the whole family!  Seminars from some of the best fishing minds too!! So make sure to mark your calendars for April 21-23 and swing out to our store for our Annual Spring Sale and get ready for the open water season!!  For more info please visit us our event page on Facebook... Thorne Bros Spring Sale - CLICK HERE   Thanks and see everyone there!! 
    •   Not only that, but the boy they're hitching their wagon to ( Nunes ) said this;   Snip. "But he also re-stated his belief that Obama did not order the wiretapping of Trump Tower"  
    •   Those are great names from the kids. They seem to know where they will end up in the end! Instead of sweety, cuddles, lovey........  Lol
    • For something different and a little less expensive you could consider a Texas hog hunt.
    • red wings are back, sand hill cranes calling  all kinds of Robins nice
    • Not nails but worse, they are self tappers from the metal roofing:)  Sorry, I need to take the angle grinder out there and zip those off this weekend.  Funny you bring up the name kabob, that is actually the name of one of them if they don't produce:)   Here is a short list of the names my kids came up with:   - Kabob - Soup - Nugget - Fried - Drummie - Pot Pie   I cant remember the others but you get the point...    
    •   I agree that in the long run, the very best thing that could be done is to completely repeal the ACA and then continue to reduce government involvement. The problem with that is this is a messed caused by government that would become a disaster at least short term for some folks if it were immediately repealed. At this point, government created the mess so it has an obligation to fix it with as little damage as possible to the people.
    •   No, I'm not totally discrediting any preventative measures, in fact I have stated time and time again that it is the best  safeguard against MOST diseases and other ailments. The fact though is that it will not safeguard you against EVERY ailment. You even go so far as to predict that you will still get cancer in your lifetime. If your preventative measures are a cure all, why do you believe you will still get cancer?   No matter how diligent you are with preventative measures you probably will not keep every ailment at bay. All I am saying is that when you are older you will find this out. I haven't seen anyone live forever yet. 
    • In other Wild news, they sign first-round pick, Badgers captain Luke Kunin   http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-wild-wisconsin-badgers-first-round-pick-luke-kunin-signs-032317
  • Our Sponsors