• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Merc wouldn't start at 20 degrees

Kingfisher

Question

Our 1995, 90 horse Mercury outboard would not start this morning at 20 degrees. We pushed the ignition key in as it turned over, would not fire, always has at 30 degrees. We removed the cowl and the cover in front of the carburator's and pushed a towel in each port, cranked it over and it started. Question, is there a remedy?

4 answers to this question

Hey Phil
Being your motor won’t start very good? frown.gif You can come and help me build icesaws??? It is always warm in my shop. My Yamaha always started with a little extra priming. The main thing tho are you catching anything? The big ones should be biting soon? My best luck was when everybody else was deer hunting! smile.gif To bad I have that four-letter word in my vocabulary that won’t let me go late fall fishing. mad.gif WORK!
TTYL grin.gif
“FISH”
www.icesaws.com

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

I just brought my merc in because it was always so cold blooded in the winter I wasnt there to see what they did but I think they replaced the carbs and something else. Im a big help arnt I . LOL

But when we had the problem after not starting within minutes my motor would flood itself out so you would just unplug the gas line and crank it over a few times and off you go.