• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charging batteries in drop-down house?

Smellson

Im trying to decide what to use as a charging system in my drop-down house....Ive seen the intelli-power converters and it seems to me that these are primarily used to convert 110 off your generator to 12 volt dc. I plan on using my two 12 volt trolling motor batteries in the house and im trying to figure out if I should just get an on-board charger or if i should get the converter? What would be the advantage of either? Also If I get a two bank charger could i put both banks to one battery and get double the amps?

those intellechargers (usually made for campers) run your lights and all 12 volt needs and charge the batteries they have a three stage chargerin them and are designed for the deep cycle batteries the one I have has worked out much better than just charging the batteries at home with a automatic charger plus it is quicker too! and never over charges or boils the batteries

another thing that works in my house is one of those portable power packs with jumper cables. I can take it home and charge it then hook up to fishhouse, run generator through it, quick charge a battery. very versatile and lasts as long as a battery.