• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall color shots not in monthly challenge

Hey all:

As we did last month, here's a thread to throw in some neat fall color shots that either were taken before Oct. 1 and so don't qualify for the challenge or are extras that you want to share beyond the single challenge image.

Here are a bunch to get started. The canoeists are on Moose and Snowbank lakes, and the long views of fall color are from the top of Lookout Road out the Fernberg. I see the color on the canoe shots died a bit when I posted them. Just saturate the reds and yellows a bit in your mind's eye. smilesmile

Let's see more fall color stuff, everyone! It's one of the best seasons to be out and about with the camera. gringrin

2914521041_ba9723e87a_o.jpg

2914518769_b125994611_o.jpg

2915356026_2289b5517a_o.jpg

2915356426_1f5f2f5ecf_o.jpg

2914511987_40943d2af3_o.jpg

2914511593_e24a0a9d8c_o.jpg

2915353272_41071a421f_o.jpg

2914512457_cf2dd33e8e_o.jpg

Thanks, Ken and CG. These were all with the 400. The strong DOF on some of the shots is because they were so far away, plus I was shooting at f8 to f11 whenever possible to render some detail in the fall color.

Gotta love iso400 and a rock solid monopod! gringrin

Should probably put these in the photo challenge, but hopefully though doubt it that i'll get a better pict. Our color around here is just nearing 50%. The girlfriend and I went on a 4-wheeler ride out through my dads property the last hour of daylight today. These pictures were not edited in any way. The sun was setting but still hitting the tree. In the second pict you can see the shade line right around me.

066fv5.jpg

067gc7.jpg

070op7.jpg

072px7.jpg

It's tough trying to capture "that special image" of fall in northern Minnesota.....almost every country road has it's unique beauty...Here's another image from last weekend....this particular road is 20 minutes south of Hibbing (Hwy 73) near Beauty Lake/Island Lake country...Always has been that "special place" every fall since I was a teen hunting grouse(45 years ago grin)

Frame_forestroad.jpg

The leaves are really falling fast in my area(Hibbing) grin....I've noticed most of the reds of the maples are already on the ground and primarily the yellows of the birch popples and remaining maples are left and falling fast!good percentage of the leaves will be on the ground in a week!.....a few images from this grey wet, morning...

P1050714-4copy.jpg

P1050723-3copy.jpg

P1050708-1copy.jpg

old fallen oak or maple from 50-60 years ago...a huge fungi has taken over the log!...we're talkin a 5 plus pounder and a smaller one also!....I believe they are "Maitaki's" or "Hen of the Woods"....quite edible but I'm not eatin it! grin

P1050731-1copy.jpg

P1050727-1copy.jpg

Thanks Ken!...Lol!!..I know absolutely no one who digiscopes!....probably thee only guy north of Duluth grin..think one would eventually meet someone who does.........nada! grin.....anyways,here's another fall image of my favorite homestead as the fall colors have progressed.......this maple never reached the full colors of past years....maybe next year grin

P1050670-2copy.jpg

Well...Most of the leaves are almost on the ground in my neck of the woods! grin...Always a sad time for me(well not that sad..lol!) grin...to see all that beautiful color "disappear".....Here's a few images from this mornings ride a few miles south of Hibbing.....

Frame_DSCN3633-3copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN3645-1copy.jpg

P1050791-2copy.jpg

Frame_P1050813-2copy.jpg

P1050748-3copy.jpg

P1050764-1copy.jpg

P1050760-2copy.jpg

P1050809-1copy.jpg

P1050757-5copy.jpg

Here's some silly fall color!

For over 10 years I had been looking for one of these! A 1996 2182 Cub Cadet with power steering,3 point hitch,PTO,and the 3 cylinder Kubota engine.

I've had many large John Deere riders,but had always wanted one of these-don't ask me why. crazy

Cruising thru the Deere dealers lot I happened to see it and tried to curb my excitement long enough to ask the salesman the price. "Well,it ain't green" he said,"soooo..how about $800?" I paid him immediately and felt like a little kid on Christmas day.

I then called the guy who's been wanting my deere rider and made a sale to him for $3800. So I got what i always wanted and pocketed 3 grand-I'm happy to say the least.

Needless to say,my wife thinks I'm weird for lusting after this tractor and driving it around just to drive it. And oh man,this baby just rips skippy! I love that 3 cylinder engine.

Do I have a problem or what??!! I guess just finding a way to post this image answers that question! grin

2952244707_67af235de9_o.jpg