• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

transducer???? eagle 320c issue

mr d

Question

my issue is inconsistant reads. it doesn't blank out it will read 0.00 or 320 ft. how do i know if the transducer is going south? conections seam fine. plenty of power too.

thanks

5 answers to this question

If it happens inconsistently I'd say you're losing your bottom reading due to the transducer mounting, and interference or cavitation. You didn't say but does this happen at all speeds and when just drifting, or only when driving fast, etc.?

Try changing the mounting angle on the transducer, if not that then the location. Slight adjustments are all you need. If that doesn't solve the problem the next step would be a new transducer. Good luck getting it figured out.

i would say all the time. drift. low speeds. no speed.++ I changed the angle slightly.(need to test next time on h20) even if a tad off... i should be getting a consistant reading?????argh

If it's happening all the time then it's probably the transducer going bad and needing to be replaced, which is not an uncommon thing. If it was only happening in certain siuations (like driving at certain speeds) then it'd be more likely to be a mounting issue.