• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

another opener on the way!

Sooo.... last year I had some of the best pheasant hunting I have ever experienced. I sure hope this year is close to last years. DNR says 24 percent down; but that doesn't bother me much, I think It should still be a pretty fun season. I think I may have to work slightly harder than last year but I know there are still birds around. I let a "few" get past me last season and hope they made it through the winter. What do you guys expect from this upcoming season? Going to try some new places? try some new tactics to push the fields; work the dogs? let me know what you guys are planning or thinkg for this season!!!

I am excited for the opener. Will be Season 2 for the dog. Am wondering about all the crops still in though. Like you said will have to work a little more, but sure glad the season is next weekend, the dog can sense something and is bouncing off the walls.

WAY WAY behind on crops in SW MN. I only know of ONE guy who's done with his beans and he said his corn isn't close to ready to come out. I don't think it will be worth a hoot down here until November.

It is tough to keep the dog out of the corn. When he gets near the edge and smells all he does, in he wants to go in.

We will hunt one day next weekend and then off to the Dakotas. I here there are a lot of flowers still standing there. The best days are about 2-3 weeks away from opener....their cover needs to be thinned out.

The crops are going to work out perfect for me. I will miss the MN opener this year since I will be in Texas. But I will make it back for a good Tuesday evening hunt in MN and can't wait. hopefully, this will give the farmers some good drying days and some progress can be made by the time I return.