• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bee and Barkley

We've had puppies coming and going here, so he just raises an eyebrow as if, "Geez, another one to annoy me." He was less happy when he realized I was paying attention to the pup. He is so sweet

I see a few new cameras have been announced. Are you getting a new one?

Cheryl

Nope. Can't afford it for the business. If I'd stayed with my full-time job and done photography on the side instead of taking the plunge into photog land full time, I'd probably be picking up the 5D Mk2 for its phenomenal noise performance, but after shooting the original 5D (rented or from CPS) for several weddings, I'll settle for a lightly used 5D as prices come down even more late this year. I expect to be able to pick up a 5D for somewhere around $1,300 after the 5DII actually hits the shelves.

I was amazed at how little noise the 5D had at iso3200 on a properly exposed image, a big deal for indoor weddings and one that would save me plenty of pp time in front of the computer after the shoot. And I do love what the 5D does for the 17-40. Nothing like an ACTUAL 17mm. gringrin

Not that I wouldn't love to equip myself with the 5D Mk2 with the 50D as backup. gringrin

plus I'd need a new Mac to handle the file sizes.

Cheryl

Me too, that's one reason for the 5D. I've got an older G4 running OS 10.3.9. New camera means new CS (3 or 4) which means new OS which means new computer. Sigh.

Sweet additional image there, Cheryl. smile

Don't show your wife. The pup was on his way to my brother in law's house but they stopped here first. I was all don't even bring that thing inside, I've just cleaned the floors. That was Friday afternoon.

By Saturday, the pup is up on my couch wearing a new scarf. He is just too cute.