Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JimBuck

Minnkota CoPilot Beeps and won't work

Hey. Just received my trolling motor back from the shop to replace a controller board. I went to plug it in and the motor will not run!? When I plug it in.....I get one long beep followed by 3 short beeps. I press the 'test' feature and all the lights come on but look slightly dim. I can't find any information related to this in the manual. Anyone have some ideas? It has to be a quick fix, I'm thinking something fuse related? Deep cycle battery is new this year so I don't think that would be it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

1st off are you sure it has anything to do with the co pilot? Will it run with the foot control at all?

Do you have the foot control board hooked up? If not and your getting 1 long beep then 2 short beeps, pause, repeat... your foot pedal mom-con switch is in the con position. Continous.

Your co pilot reciever will not respond to any commands when the CON position is on on your foot pedal.

Turn your foot control off and disconect it. Does the co pilot work now?

You could try to get reset to mode 2 witch it is at from the factory. Hit the increase speed and decrease speed buttons at the same time for 1 second. You will hear 1,2 or 3 beeps. Whatever # of beeps you hear is what mode your copilot is in now. See what mode it works in. That may be your problem but it may not.

Also check your foot control to see that your speed isnt turned up.

Check these out and see what happens.

If you didnt get anything I would say your copilot battery is dead but it sounds like you have beeps so I doubt thats it. Battery's should last at least 2 seasons. I have ran mine 2 full seasons now and the batteries are still ok.

You could also try a new ID #. Push the learn button on the side of the co pilot itself. You will need something like a small philips screwdriver to push it in. You will hear a continuos beep. Press any button on the co pilot (you will get 4 beeps confirming that reciever learned the ID # of the remote and that the programming is valid and complete) This is all in the co-pilot manual that you got in the box with it.

You can e-mail me with any ? if ya like.

I hope it helps.

Its in the title of his post.

I agree it doesnt sound like a co pilot issue to me but its worth a shot. Sounds like a bad connection or its grounding out?

Im no electrical expert by any means but did have my co pilot box and instructions next to me in the desk as I saw this.

I think it has something to do with it being off the boat and getting fixed at the shop. Maybe the foot board is still bad?

No matter what I hope ya get it figured out man.

I got it figured out. I had a short in the connecting wires coming out of my trolling motor.....A quick splice and she is running like a dream. Thanks for the help guys!