• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild rice, canoeists, fall color on the Island River (panoramic)

Hey all:

This is a stitched panoramic of three images, not a panoramic crop of a single image. The light was so perfect this morning along the Island River where it went under Tomahawk Road near the Pow Wow Trail that when I spotted this pair in a canoe amid the wild rice I had to try it. Because of the distance, a stitched pano seemed right. The light stayed consistent for about 20 seconds before changing, so that was good. grin

It really demands a large presentation, which is why I made it a good bit longer than normal for posting. Depending on your screen size and resolution settings, you may have to pan side to side to see it all.

Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, manual exposure settings, iso400, 1/2000 at f5.6, monopod

2910873300_78c871b9ff_o.jpg

Thanks guys. X, it's not hard at all. The PhotoStitch software I use (pretty much always just on the automatic settings) came with your 30D, and as long as one is careful to use a tripod, keep it level, use manual exposure settings (so the meter doesn't change exposure as you move from one side to the next of a scene) and overlap the images somewhat, it's not hard.

And it's a lot of fun turning an 8 Mp camera into a 24 or a 32 or, a couple times, a 64 Mp camera! gringrin