• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Built in Storage Compartments-Suppliers?

Newcastle

I'm thinking about changing the layout on my boat a little over the winter-Its a early 80's crestliner-tiller. What I'm looking to do is add larger casting platforms on front and rear, removing a large livewell which is currently in the center of the floor, etc. Wondering if anyone knows a supplier for self contained-drop in type storage compartments- bait wells/live wells. Thinking something I could drop in the front casting deck if the price is reasonable. Any other ideas or tips? Thanks guys-

I am in a similar position Newcastle. I want to add a rear casting platform that I could also use for storage.....unfortunately I can't be of any help to you in regards to storage. I know how it goes with these older boats, the storage is rather outdated (i.e. 6'6" rod lockers!?) Let me know if you find out anything in regards to materials or manufacturers for the remodel. Good luck!

You could try Overton's catalog, they might have something. About 10 years ago we took our boat to Bakken's and had them completely redo our boat. We designed it, they built it, and did a fantastic job for cheaper than one would imagine. I know they sometimes frequent this board, maybe they can help with more info.

Have you checked with Cabela's, Gander, etc? We get ours from 2 suppliers- Lorenze and Jones, and Bell Industries. I'm not sure if they will sell direct or not, but if nothing pans out, give me a shout and we can get them for you.

Have you checked with Cabela's, Gander, etc? We get ours from 2 suppliers- Lorenze and Jones, and Bell Industries. I'm not sure if they will sell direct or not, but if nothing pans out, give me a shout and we can get them for you.

Thanks for the offer Steve.