• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oct 3-5 Big Bass Secret word and results...

Deitz Dittrich

Secret word: FM FALL FATTIES

Please have this phrase written on a piece of paper in the photo WITH the fish. Fishes mouth should be closed and board readable. You can post a second pict of you holding the fish as well.

Have fun my friends, I hope all have a heavy fish pulling back on their rods this weekend.

Even if someone has already posted a big fish.. still post yours, we all like to see fish!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

171951.jpg

172110.jpg

A little over 19" but skinny, last cast of the night, caught less than an hour ago. Otherwise it was somewhat slow, we ended up with 7 and I don't think any others were bigger than 16". Gorgeous night to be on the water, glad you let us Friday guys join in the fun Deitz, thanks. Good luck everyone, this fish shouldn't be to hard to beat.

Well done Duffman, nice start to the contest.

What did it hit on?

Photo-0105-1-1.jpg

I got a good one tonight too, Had a hard enough time taking a picture with my camera phone while in my waders, could not even think about putting it on a board and taking a pic of that. I will have to think of something because I think I will be getting out tomorrow, also in my waders. Maybe wander up to shore and get a quick shot. Got mine on a pearl tube in 4' of water

I don't have a chance BnS (Come on cold front!!) LOL smile

I'm no dummy, there's way too much experience and skill roaming these parts. 21+" will take it. But I'll claim the prize for first fish posted, that's gotta be worth what? A splitshot or two? laugh

Oh yea, what'd it hit on? 10 inches of blue flecked black rubber.

First off a cold start to the morning 32 degrees.

Mangaged a dozen or so fish the biggest 3 around 18 inches.

All caught on the outside weedline with a jig.

Here is a pic of the biggest.

I apologize in advance for the fish not being on a board.

But pleanty of fishermen out.

http://s406.photobucket.com/albums/pp144/Champ196/Bass%2008/?action=view&current=DSC02521.jpg

I took a beating today. Managed 6 fish for about 7 hours of fishing. Had on good one on, trying to "Grab the Net" and it came unbuttoned. Probably a 19" + fish. Best fish was maybe 2.5 lbs. I hate wind, especially a east wind. Will try again tomorrow but probably won't have much time.

Here is my entry. Up on Mille Lacs for the fall frenzy get together at Appledoorn's. Trolling an X-rap Shad in Purple over 9 f.o.w. with rocks.

I left before the word was posted, and forgot to grab a board pic, but she went 20.5, just a thick fish. A new PB for smallmouth. Considering no board pic though, I will dq' myself from the big bass contest. Sorry, just wanted to get a quick pic and put her back.

2915466891_64f144a4cc.jpg

frown I didn't see this topic before I went fishing (mostly because I don't usually target bass and read this forum infrequently). Here's my invalid entry then, didn't measure but a good photoshop estimate put's it just over 20"

IMG_0397.jpg

It rained Sunday and you can see I got wet... Anybody else bear the rain because the fish went nuts for a while there. First time our boat has ever had a triple.

If you do it next week I'll be sure to take a peak in before going fishing though, so my entry will be valid. My ability to catch big bass will remain in question however.

Nice piggie Polar.. You know Paul at Appledorns has internet access AND a computer in the main building!!!!

Congrats sir on your pb..

I didn't make it out.. I tried hard, but just couldnt find the time.

We will see if anybody else can put a pict up today while they are at work...

I got out on Saturday and had about 4 hours to fish so I tried for bass with small crank baits like DT 4, rattle trap, xrap, fat rap, top water prop, and of course the ole buzz bait and spinner. I discovered quickly that this was to be a pike day. I mananged to battle quite a few with nothing over 5lbs but they were agressive and fun. I thought with no bass to be had I would try the panfish as well with some small plastics. I was off a shoreline with defined weededge that dropped off quick and gave it a shot. The bite was very good with a sunfish of crappie on most casts. I also got a few very nice bull sunfish in the 9" class mixed in. Oh and while pan fishing I did finally get few bass to make a showing. However they were in the 14 to 15 inch class. Sunday morning I planned to get out early but the wind and rain kept me off the water.

Yeah, I brought the laptop up and he has wireless but I couldn't get connected for some reason. I finally connected at about 2:30 am on Sunday morning when we got in from the bull session. It was quite the trip, wish you were up there. Many stories about the Deitz up there. Sleeping against the door, that was a good one.