Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MuskieJunkie

How many decoys are you putting out tommorow

In the past I've put out everything I have, 36 mallards, 4 feeders, and 6 canadian, all floating decoys.

I've been reading some articles and I think that's probably more than I need. This year I am thinking of less, the area we hunt is a small slough so I'm thinking 2-3 dozen might be better.

84 dozen flambeau super magnum mallard floaters, 16 dozen woodies, 98 dozen teal, 45 dozen pintails, 75 dozen goose floaters, 2 swans, 1 egret, and a couple sandhills. All together about 4,139 decoys, that shoudl do the trick. I plan on hauling them on my back in one giant bag santa borrowed to me for the weekend.

I put out 18 to 2 dozen Goose decoys out to my RIGHT

1 dozen Duck decoys A Little over to my LEFT.

The ducks love those Goose decoys just as much if not better than the Duck decoys!

I think 4,139 decoys is slightly over kill.

I'm sure we will put out to many just like most others. 4 dz mallards 1 doz woodies 1/2 doz wigeon 2 doz teal and 4 dz honkers. all in all openning weekend you could prolly get by with ZERO since everyone else is pass shooting ne ways so decoys really dont help IMO

About a 1 1/2 dozen, mostly mallards with a couple teal and ringers. Sticking mostly with hens and might throw an air lucky in if the wind allows.

All together about 4,139 decoys, that shoudl do the trick. I plan on hauling them on my back in one giant bag santa borrowed to me for the weekend.

I put out 18 to 2 dozen Goose decoys out to my RIGHT

1 dozen Duck decoys A Little over to my LEFT.

The ducks love those Goose decoys just as much if not better than the Duck decoys!

I think 4,139 decoys is slightly over kill.

grin Thanks I needed a good laugh today

7 woodies, 9 mallards(1 drake), 13 goose, and two air lucky's. good enough. Will put out more as the season gets goin and the migrators start comin.

4 woodies, 2 or 3 teal, and 5 mallards- no drakes. Much more realistic this time of year when they're still flying in family groups and the drakes are still eclipsed...

Butch has got it. We use all the decoys that dont have much color or try not to well through out a few that are colorful but try to keep it low in color looks more realistic. I'll set out as many as i need so probably a few doZ with alittle of everything mixed in.

We put out about 25 on the small pothole we hunt in, some teal, wooducks and a couple mallards, set up to leave a small pocket for landing U dont need many the first few weeks

if your hunting a resting area that holds lots of birds then numbers help but ne were else your just making your spread look cool. lots of decoys on the water placed in the right arragement looks great make sure to leave landing spots tho!

2.5doz goose dekes, 1doz mallards (3 drakes), 6 bw teal (all hens) and 3 woodies (1 drake).

That's what we'll roll with for the first couple weekends. After that, we'll see what kind of activity, movement and species are around.

I used 2 dozen mallards. 1 dozen were super mags, the other were lif-size. 4 woodducks, 3 teal, 3 duck butts, and 10 geese. ducks decoyed very well. almost too well. made me think I know what im doing but im sure my next hunt will prove me wrong. haha

Saturday used 5 Mallard decoys, 4 hens and one beat up drake. Birds came right in. Decoys were set three 20 yards left and two 15 yards right. Got dozens at home but how realistic is that.

Sunday added two hen wood duck dekes. Had flocks of up to 30 mallards come in after a couple passes Sunday

Saturday we used 2 doz mallards and 2 doz ringneck/bluebill dekes.

Sunday, after seeing several large flocks on Ringnecks in the area, we employed 2 doz. mallards, two air luckys, and three doz. Ringneck/bluebill dekes.

Me and my hunting buddies did the math and have 18 doz dekes that we can employ, but I don't thnk we ever will! laugh Still not close to that 4,000 number though!! ha!