• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua Vu Pack Shack - Has anyone seen these?

Draven422

Since the tranny went out in the Blazer this year, I am looking for an ice fishing shelter that is small enough to fit in the trunk of my car. The Aqua Vu Pack Shack boasts just that.

Has anyone seen these? Do they look dependable? I was looking at the Pack Shack 3 for just a little more room for depth finder, camera and heater.

Or, does anybody have a suggestion on another option?

TIA!

I would take a look at the new Clam Hub or Base Camp if you're looking for something to house 2 or 3 anglers.

The Clam Hub is a 2-person pop-up style portable fish house that sets up in seconds and is in that $175 price range. It measures at 5x5 feet when set-up and has room to stand. It also has the Ice Armor fabric and is very durable. Weighs only 19 pounds!

The Clam Base Camp is slightly larger than the Hub, measuring at 6x6 feet and a little more head-room designed for 3-people. Also sets up in a snap and only costs in the low-mid $200's. Weighs only 27 pounds!

Both come with zipper doors and windows. They also both collapse down into a small, over-the-shoulder bag that fits easily in the truck of the car. Makes if very easy for those looking to have a top-quality fish house when running and gunning in a car.

Clam also has a larger pop-up version called the Command Post. The Command Post is 6x12 feet and can fish 6-people no sweat. I plan on running one of these this winter for larger guide trips and for the Ultimate Panfish League. It also fits in a bag and can be easily thrown in the back seat or truck of a car. The Command Post only weighs 40 pounds and costs less than $400!

Stop in at Thorne Bros, we have some of these set-up to look at...

7500 University Ave

Fridley, MN 55432

763-572-3782

www.thornebros.com

A great new line-up from Clam for the upcoming winter season!

As Matt states, the clams do look nice.

I do own a Pak Shak, I do not own the 3 person version. My Pak Shack worked great for me when I was traveling light. I had no real complaints. Ive probably used it a couple dozen times, and its done everything I have asked it to do.(keep me warm, and keep the wind off me.)

Thanks guys!

Deitz, did you, or do you think, there is enough room for additional equipment like heater, camera and finder in the single version? I know I should really see it and get a feel for it, but I just wanted another opinion.

Thanks again.

Here is what to expect for room in the Pak Shak;

123912.jpg

Not a ton of room, take it for what it is. But I'm glad to have one as part of my ice shack arsenal. There are places in this state where this type of icehouse would be your only option besides sittin on a bucket out in the elements.

I don't own the pak shak, but own the HT version which is almost identical. The only thing that concerned me was the design of the hubs on it. I never had any problems with it last year, but sometime during the offseason mine broke and I have to come up with a more durable solution. As far as fishing goes, I love it. It's small, but for early ice it's a great outfit. Leave everything you don't need outside and there should be room for a tackle box, bait, heater, and possibly a flasher. The seating is really comfortable and I have spent hours in mine with the only complaint being that if there is a wind at your back, you may start to feel it a little through the chair as the fabric is right up against your body.

I own a three man PakShack, and it is great for the not so cold days on the ice... but here's the catch... its great for two people and gear. There is plenty of room, and if it was only you in it, it would be awesome. Its light as heck, but what i would rather have is a one man shack with a sled built in. It worked great last year when I was driving a buick, but now I got a truck and a fishtrap.

Let me say, i have NO complaints about the threeman pakshack. Plenty of room, extremely light weight, and not so bad for two people... three would work, but some of the gear would have to be outside... kinda.

There is space under the seats for gear though.

Lighter material so not so good on the extremely cold days.

if you aren't driving on the ice to haul your gear, then get a sled.

I was thinking the 3 man would be good. For about $70 more, the room might be worth it. I gotta watch the pennies, since a new baby arrived, and the wife would probably make sure there weren't anymore kids in the future if the price was too high.

I've been looking around for prices on websites, and they are all around the same price (give or take $5.) As days get colder, maybe there'll be a sale somewhere on them.

I bought the three man Pak Shack last year and it worked fine. I thought it was a little flimsy at times, and it wasn't real tight once I put it back in the bag. I use a of couple bungee cords to snug it up so it won't pop all over my trunk.

It was very roomy, and when alone I could lay out on the seats couch style and knock off a nap when the fishin was slow. I also figured out a way to have it only come half way up so I had a nice seat but was still in the middle of the group so to speak.

I tried the single and three man, and for whatever reason the seat is little higher off the ground/ice on the three, this makes it a little more comfortable.

Before you buy I would seriously wait and check out the new clams Matt mentioned. If they're like or are the ones I saw last Saturday at Thorne's ProMod party, I think you'll be happier with one of those.

Zamboni is correct, wait until the St. Paul Ice Show, see what they're priced at then buy from Thorne Brothers, they're the best and will make it competitive.

Good luck, first frost tonight! Ice is right around the corner!!!

I bought the 3 man from Sportsmen's Warehouse last Jan for $99 on sale. I've been pretty happy with it, except for high wind situations (which is 9 of 10 days here in MT). I was able to eliminate most of the slop with a few well placed bungees, two ice anchors tied to the outside chair legs and by filling the foam tube in the front base with a few 1/2 inch bolts for extra weight. I too found the nap-a-bilility of the chair awesome.

On a nice day sunny day it warms up nice and a buddy heater is more than enough for 0*. I bought it mainly with my family in mind, especially the 4 yo. Ideal for one, two and two and a half fishers. A 2 or 3 man sled would have been nice (and several hundred $ more)but too big to pull the distances I cover without a wheeler of snow machine.

Meets my needs so far.