• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tahoe fuel pump gasket?

Just had a fuel pump installed in my 1998 tahoe and it's leaking gas around the tank seal. Going to try another seal but if that doesn't work is there any kind of gasket sealer goop that I can put around the lip of this gasket to make sure it will seal? Or is this not a good idea? This will be the second trip back to the shop after the pump has been put in. Help! This is not a good start to my hunting season!

Your doing it or a shop is doing it?

Just make sure the retainer ring is all the way in its "locked position". I just had a Saturn in the other week pouring gas out of it but only when the tank was absolutely full. After pulling the tank I found the fuel pump module no longer attached to the tank. The secondary lock ring was barely on also, so I can only assume that neither ring was properly installed and the one for the pump finally came loose. I replaced both seal and put the retainer rings on all the way. Surprisingly enough that also fixed the EVAP leak grin