• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury 125hp Prop ?

Joe Suits

Question

I just purchased a 2003 Lund Mr.Pike 1800, with a 125 hp Mercury 2-stroke motor. First can I have some opinions on the motor? Secondly could I have some recommendations on which prop to use? Stainless Steel, Aluminum, what pitch, and questimate of top speed? I havn't had a chance to gt it on the water yet.

Thanks !!

2 answers to this question

This would be a good question for experts out there on the HSOforum iboats.com that is a wwww. site. They have some real good experienced people who frequent it and give good solutions to problems.

Joe if you have questions concerning how to prop your boat you should by all means ask your dealer, they are the best source for info on pitch, speed etc. Also any good dealer will let you buy a prop and if it is not just right let you exchange it for another, provided it is returned undamaged. Your dealer would like nothing better than for you to be completly satisfied with your purchase. If you are a happy customer you will purchase your next boat from them and send your freinds to them also. And as far as alum vs. stainless, a stainless prop will outlast an alum prop by 10 to 1.