• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading out again

Heading out to Eagle River Wi. tomorrow for the Cranberry Festival. While I would rather be fishing, this is a great festival. Crsnberry baked goods galore, the world's largest Cranberry cheesecake, cranberry brats, cranberry meatballs, fresh cranberries, a person can gain a tonnage here. Also one of the prettiest areas in Wi. So if any of you Wisc. people are going to be there stop and say Hi I am in booth J14.

Heading out to Eagle River Wi. tomorrow for the Cranberry Festival. While I would rather be fishing, this is a great festival. Crsnberry baked goods galore, the world's largest Cranberry cheesecake, cranberry brats, cranberry meatballs, fresh cranberries, a person can gain a tonnage here. Also one of the prettiest areas in Wi. So if any of you Wisc. people are going to be there stop and say Hi I am in booth J14. [/quote

Have you ever done the Cranfest at Stone LakeWS??-its their 30th year and crowd expected to top 30,000. Its one day only -this Saturday

Isn't this Applefest weekend in Bayfield, WI too? Wisconsinites sure know how to throw some pretty yummy festivals.

That Cranfest in Stone Lake would be crazy with that many people. I'm sure someone would lose a foot with a baby stroller or a thousand! winkgrin

Never done that one, the one in Eagle River boasts between 40,000-50,000. Truthfully I think their numbers are quite inflated. I know people who have exhibited at Stone Lake who would say more like 3,000. Yes Applefest is also this weekend.

As far as the sorrels go, I did this show 2 years in a row where it snowed (outdoor show)one year there was 10 inches of wet snow that did melt but turned everything into a mud pit.

Peachy, I found this on allrecipes dot com. If you try it, let us know how it was ok? I'm kind of sketchy on this recipe. Seems a little too offbeat for me. Could be good tho!

2 pounds ground beef

1 cup bread crumbs

2 eggs, beaten

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/3 cup ketchup

1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce

1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).

Mix together the hamburger, bread crumbs, eggs, soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder and ketchup. Form into small balls and bake for 30 minutes.

In a saucepan over low heat, combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Simmer and stir until smooth. Add meat balls and simmer for 1 hour. Serve warm.

Well, back home again. What a weekend!!! Tons of people and decent sales figures. Go figure, most of my shows have been pretty dreadful this year but this one helped make up for it. Not as good as some past years, but a dang sight better than last year. Weather was fantastic all weekend, the fall colors in that area are just starting to peak. I didn't get any pictures because I forgot the camera. cry We stayed overnight in Ashland last night and drove up to Bayfield this morning, I came home with 5 pounds of cranberries, 3 pounds of smoked whitefish, and a big bag of honeycrisp apples. AAAAHHHH life is good! With the exception of dreaming about fishing all weekend I had a great time.

Sounds like a super good weekend Barb! I bought some honeycrisp at Super 1 in Cloquet a few days ago. They're pretty good. I LOVE smoked whitefish! You bought all the things I love! Why can't I live closer to you?! smirkgrin

I got no news to report. I worked most of the weekend but I did get to see a couple sisters and a few nieces. That's pretty good! School is going very well. We looked at cat vessels again today which are interesting. We have fresh walleye from the weekend and smoky pulled pork sammie w/homemade slaw so life is good here too!! laugh