• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doesn't the water freeze in your motor

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Make sure to drain the motor very well when done. After I pull the boat up the ramp I let the motors down to drain while I hook up the tie downs and get the boat ready for transport. Then I pull the motors up just before I leave. When I get home and park the boat I then let the motors down to drain. If it's real cold I might use a torpedo heater to heat things up then I use the exhaust side of a shop vac to blow some air down the pee hole. I will also use the shop vac exhaust on the live well, or not use the live well at all. I don't take the boat out in the middle of winter but usually end up winterizing the boat sometime in December.

When Im on the Rainy River late into the fall and its freezing at night I get the boat on the trailer and park on a incline and drain the boat and drop the motor to drain and move it up and down til no more water comes out. I also fire the motor up for a split second to get the water out of the lines.