• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All new Tunnel Jet boat you have to see.

Wiskers

Well boys and girls. There is another big dog in the house.

Otter Outdoors bought out Beavertail right in the beginning of Beavertail producing their new Tunnel jet.

I am on board with them and I have one of the first boats off the line to test out and put through the paces. All I can say is Ahmen for Jet boats.

These boats are a combo between a john and a jet. Between RP and Beavertail, They have it ALL covered!!

Specifications

LENGTH - 21'

BEAM - 92"

FUEL CAPACITY - 40 GAL

GUNNEL HEIGHT - 24"

FRONT DECK - 64" X 67"

FRONT STORAGE - 50" X 50" X 14"

ROD/GUN BOXES - 8' 3" LONG (10" wide on top)

REAR DECK - 58" X 78"

REAR STORAGE - 31" X 24" 14"

HULL - ALL-WELDED 1/8" ALUMINUM (with a 24" x 156" long 1/4" thick aluminum skid plate)

KEEL GUARD - 60" IN LENGTH (4" wide)

TUNNEL - 3" DEEP, 6 DEGREE DEADRISE (Our tunnel design enhances performance and also protects the jet pump)

POWER - 200 HP MERCURY OPTIMAX

APPROXIMATE TOP SPEED - 46 - 50 MPH

Cool video of boat in action.

100_1759.JPG

Beavertail%2008-16-08%20(10)%20web.JPG

The price will all depend on how you want the boat. They will build it to your needs.

The one I got is going for about $28,000. Mine is built very tough. Hull material on bottom, sides and a double plate down the middle pluss dimond decking inside. This one is a bit heavy but it would be very hard to hurt it.

This one will sell as a demo boat and the price may even be lower, The boats are all so new that nothing is in stone as to price yet. We just want to get some out there for people to see and use and see how the market is. The RPs are awesome boats as are these, just each one has it's own differances.

As you can see in the photos, I was hauling a Polaris 800.. That is a huge Machine!!! the boat did not even sit any lower in the water... ??? A dream boat for some one wanting to take their ATV with on a camping trip or fishing trip. Alaska trips would be unreal with this boat. I love it because it has sooooooooo much room. I can take 4 guys out fishing and not be crowded at all. One night fish, we had 6 of us in there and each one had their own area to nap out plus our gear.

I hate even looking at these nice boats because I know they are way out of my league (price wise).

I guess one of these days I'm just going to have to bite the bullet. The one from my wallet or the one from the gun my wife is holding.

Looks like a nice boat Rusty. Congrats!

Well I tell you what, I worked long and hard just to get where I am now and it was never easy to say the least. But it was all worth it when you get the honor to work with companies like RP and Otter and Beavertail.

As for the boat, They can make an awesome camo boat. And the bonus is the duck blinds for the Beavertail boat will mount on these boats.. !!!!!!!!!! Now your talking... You would not even need to park in the cattails, with a blind you would look like a floating bog your self..LOL..

Tent? Yeppers that would work.. LOL.. I could not believe how east that wheeler loaded in the boat. Just put the boat in the water, go up to shore, get ramps, load wheeler, put back on trailer and head to your destination and reverse the order. Now you no longer have to take up all the space in your truck with the wheeler, you can pack more beer and Jerky. LOL...

I really like it. With that tunnel, it handles real nice. Does not wash out as easy. I can corner like crazy.

Sorry about the video, I am having some software issues when I am making the videos. I get them freeze spots for some reason.

sweet boat

you said that they will customize it.will they put the counsel closer to the front like the rp started with? that seems to work well with fishing off the back. just curious. i really like the low sides on that.

They will build it pretty much the way you want them. If some one is serious about a boat, all they have to do is get ahold of me and pick out a set up and the ball will be rolling.

As for rocks, There is no doubt it will go over rocks. I just did not do that because we want to sell this boat and we dont want to mar up the bottom too much. This one is built extreamly tough and can handle some serious abuse but why do it if you dont have to. Perhaps in the future we will build a boat just to beat up and then maybe we could get some Crazy footage but I hate to abuse a boat real bad if we dont have to. You can take any jetter in here and ask them about how the Jets handle river rocks and they will tell you..They can only be built so tough and if by accident you hit a rock, your chances are MUCH greater getting through it with these style jets.

Hope the weather holds up longer so I can get the chance to get some more water time in. I have not been out now for about two weeks.. sigh .. that is just wrong. We got close to two inches of water the last few nights and the river did not go up a whole lot... should be out there hunting for some of them fall Eyes in them feeder cricks.