Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
musky_tail05

Awesome day of pike fishing with pics!

16 posts in this topic

Wow.....that's all I can say about today. Here's the story... Me and a friend of mine (Brian Jones) decided to take a day trip to Upper Red lake for some pike fishing. This is the second time we've targeted pike on URL. We set a goal for the day: One of us had to catch a new personal best pike. Mine was 41.25" from last years trip to Red and Brian's was 38.5" from Cass. We broke personal best's three times today. Total for today: 35.5", 36.5", 38", 40", 41.75", 42.5". We also lost a couple. By far the best day of pike fishing I've ever had. We caught new personal best's 10 minutes apart! All the fish were released after some exciting battles. I think I'm still smiling! Here's the pictures of the fish in the order they were caught in with some info on them:

SDC10240.jpg

Brian with his first personal best at 40"

SDC10249.jpg

Me with my new personal best at 41.75". These fish were caught 10 minutes apart!

SDC10254.jpg

Brian with a 38"

SDC10257.jpg

Me with a 36.5"

SDC10264.jpg

Brian with his second personal best of the day at 42.5"

SDC10268.jpg

Brian with a 35.5"

Some cool release shots:

SDC10256.jpg

SDC10267.jpg

my arms are tired just looking at them. whew. nice day. that 36.5 is stout. gonna be a biggun in a few years. nice job.

Nice pics and congrats on the new PB's.

Sweet!!! That kind of day would justify any amount of gas money to have that kinda trip. Congrats!

Dang, what a trip! I just had a great pike fishing trip a few weeks ago, but we didn't get any in the boat over 39. Heck of trip and hats off to ya! I bet you won't forget that day any time soon!

Nice job guys. When a guy gets into those URL windows it really can be crazy.

Funny thing is only one or two boats on the lake lately. Most of us guides in the area are bear hunting, walleyes have been slow to the point we don't even have a single pound on this months creel survey and the pike should be slow but every now and then a hat trick happens.

That looks like a very good day. I really have to get up there for some pike fishing one of these years.

Nice, nice, nice! A 36" I caught this summer had half that gerth. Super fat fish! Good job!

MT, nice fish and congrats on the awsome day.

I heard the fish are just starting to go on the lake you wanted me to take you and Brian out on. Should be in full swing within a couple weeks. Drop me a line when your thinking of heading down this way.

For now, off to S.D. for some pheasant hunting. Fri thru tue.

Duck

Arms Sore?

awesome looking fish guys. Looks like it was a great trip for you guys! Something that you will never forget