Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

Oct 3-4-5 Weekend Destinations

17 posts in this topic

I'm headed up to Mille Lacs tomorrow with many of the FM crew for the 2nd Annual Fall Frenzy at Appeldoorn's Resort. Primary focus is walleyes but I'll spend some time on the muskies and try to work in some smallmouth fishing as well. Should be a good time.

While the Mille Lacs muskie scene has been awfully slow, I'm still going to see if I can move a fish or two. You would like to think a Fall bite will kick in, just a matter of where and when..... That said, the chance at a 40 inch class pike is always there too, not a bad consolation prize at all.

Good luck to all, both anglers and duck hunters!

The ciscos will spawn...they have to. Good luck, we will be up there next weekend.

Doubtful I will get out at all this weekend. Time for the "once weekend a month" [PoorWordUsage] for the National Guard! Might be able to sneak out early on Saturday however.

Duck opener in No. Dakota is where I'll be, but i'm thinking of dragging the boat as far as Alex to fish Miltona on the way back.

Good luck everyone!

I am heading out on Island, north of duluth. This weekend get rid of the weeks stresses.

Have fun over in Nodak....JR...I heard Miltona and Lobster have been decent...

Bret how has the fishing been?? I haven't been out on any of the usual lakes for a while now, so just kinda curious.

Dano, what have you heard about Island lately? Up until last week it was doing pretty well. Do you like the west or east basin?

I will be joining Cjac up on Mille Lacs. Might even work in a round in the bay in his boat. Looking forward to lots of time on the water this weekend. I will be heading up for an early afternoon arrival.

Have a good trip. Say hi to everyone for me. Looking forward to posts Mon.

Props-- I am still learning the lake, I just started school up here, so most of my weekends are spend out there. I fish the West basin primarily-- and wow is there a lot of structure. I personally had some success last weekend, and am hoping to replicate it again this weekend. Island is really fun to fish it is a nice change from Mille Lacs, Alex, Shammy and Mantrap.

Do you fish up here also propster??? If you do, I could use some company most weekends, typically out solo.

Off to Hayward Lakes Muskies Inc tourney- fish the Chip-always a good time-weather should be okay

This will be my first weekend since June not chasing muskies - I heard there's ducks to scare so I'll try that for a couple days.

Good luck to you all.

Probably switch gears this weekend and try and get my old man out for some eyes on the miss. Hoping they are going this weekend, might be a bit early still, never know.

RU

Dano:

Our usual lake has been on fire. Between my brother and Standfuss yesterday, they put 7 fish in the boat. Brother nailed a 48 as well yesterday. Bite has been hotter than all get out. Going to hit the water after work tomorrow and see if I can actually do some good. Missed a 46-47ish fish on Tuesday on a Hellhound. You are missing out brother!

Dano, we have only fished it a couple times, and all on the east, but not yet this year. We kept bypassing to fish Vermillion. If we head up that way will let you know. Structure overload is an understatement.

Croix, Mississippi, Croix. Maybe Croix, Mississippi, Mississippi, depends on how i do. my boats got a little elecrical problem so i'm on shore for the rest of my vacation. smile not losing a day to find it and fix it. good luck everybody.

I'm jealous of all you guys getting out fishing. Just got back from a 2 week elk hunting trip so my October is choked up full of work now.

Quote:
I'm jealous of all you guys getting out fishing. Just got back from a 2 week elk hunting trip so my October is choked up full of work now.

hmmm. for some odd reason i don't feel bad for you. grin

i know i should but...