• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oct 3-4-5 Weekend Destinations

cjac

I'm headed up to Mille Lacs tomorrow with many of the FM crew for the 2nd Annual Fall Frenzy at Appeldoorn's Resort. Primary focus is walleyes but I'll spend some time on the muskies and try to work in some smallmouth fishing as well. Should be a good time.

While the Mille Lacs muskie scene has been awfully slow, I'm still going to see if I can move a fish or two. You would like to think a Fall bite will kick in, just a matter of where and when..... That said, the chance at a 40 inch class pike is always there too, not a bad consolation prize at all.

Good luck to all, both anglers and duck hunters!

Props-- I am still learning the lake, I just started school up here, so most of my weekends are spend out there. I fish the West basin primarily-- and wow is there a lot of structure. I personally had some success last weekend, and am hoping to replicate it again this weekend. Island is really fun to fish it is a nice change from Mille Lacs, Alex, Shammy and Mantrap.

Do you fish up here also propster??? If you do, I could use some company most weekends, typically out solo.

Dano:

Our usual lake has been on fire. Between my brother and Standfuss yesterday, they put 7 fish in the boat. Brother nailed a 48 as well yesterday. Bite has been hotter than all get out. Going to hit the water after work tomorrow and see if I can actually do some good. Missed a 46-47ish fish on Tuesday on a Hellhound. You are missing out brother!

Dano, we have only fished it a couple times, and all on the east, but not yet this year. We kept bypassing to fish Vermillion. If we head up that way will let you know. Structure overload is an understatement.

Croix, Mississippi, Croix. Maybe Croix, Mississippi, Mississippi, depends on how i do. my boats got a little elecrical problem so i'm on shore for the rest of my vacation. smile not losing a day to find it and fix it. good luck everybody.

Quote:
I'm jealous of all you guys getting out fishing. Just got back from a 2 week elk hunting trip so my October is choked up full of work now.

hmmm. for some odd reason i don't feel bad for you. grin

i know i should but...