Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TiNK3R

Portables: Which of these?

14 posts in this topic

Fishtrap x2

or

Otter Ice camo lodge

I'm looking for quality and keeping warm smile

thanks

Both are nice houses but I would go with the Otter because of the better tub design and the new poles are very slick. Like I tel everyone no matter what ya get put the hyfax on it. Your tub will last a long long time with hyfax on it.

I own a Otter Ice Camo in the Cabin size and its very roomy for 1 guy but can fish 2 although that gets a bit tight. If your fishing 2 guys a lot get the lodge.

Lodge, sounds good. How warm do they stay? Easily modded?

Very easy to mod if you choose but the seat bases are a different type. They are a molded plastic. E-mail me and Ill send ya pics of the inside of my cabin.

I'm going to go the other way on this. I'd chose the X2, very, very slick and strong poles, deep tub and it pulls pretty easy. Both are great huts but IMO everyone else is playing catch-up to Clam.

Go to the ice show and sit in both of them and see which one you like the best.

I would go with the Frabill R2Tec. Best insulated shack out there, new improved poles this year. Check it out on the Frabill site.

Go to "The Guide" once you get to the site and click on the new Ice Guide

I like the clams, The new X-2's tubs are very sturdy. Either way they are both quality products. Like previous posts have said sit in both and see which one you like and fits your needs the best. Either way you can't go wrong.

Both are great shelters. Both will last a long time. Both tow great. Overall, like all things now days, personal preference plays a big role in purchases.

Personally, my choice are Clam shelters. I have run the X2 for 3 seasons now, have had problems with one. My own fault, as I am extremely hard on my equipment. The other 2, I could not break them. I tried and could not. The tub, pole system, tent, and seats are top notch.

Cool accessories like the trap link system and zippered travel cover are what differentiates the X2 from others.

Oh, also, the X2 will be available as a thermal shelter this year too.

Good shopping.

You really can't go wrong either way. I have an otter and love it, but looking at new houses they are all pretty comparible. I agree with Northlander, no matter which one you end up getting, make sure to put hyfax on it.

you can go wrong with eather houses i like the fish traps, but the otter would do you wrong, i guess I would just see which one is the better price and get that one.

Anyone you get will give you a awesome ice fishing season, and both are very strong tubs and the fabric are strong

It would be very hard to beat the durabillity of the Otter tub.

It would be very hard to beat the durabillity of the Otter tub.

I would have to agree. Those sleds are darn near indestructible.

Tink did ya get the pics I sent ya last night?

Yes I did.. thank you very much. I'll be going to thornebros tomorrow to take a look smile I appreciate it