• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Back Pack

Rippinlip

I haul basically everything into the woods for a hunt, the back pack I have now is not really working.

What I am looking for is something with alot of different pockets for storage, the one I have now is basically 1 big storage place and only 1 zippered side compartment.

Any suggestions?

Anyone try the Cabelas Hybrid Hunter 2 in 1 pack?

i used what is called " the waterfowlers ruck sack" from cabelas. three seperate pockets on the outside, and a hanging pouch in the main compartment. they last a long time, and you can carry alot! del

SOP puts out a few nice packs. I use one of their larger ones called the Mainbeam. Lots of internal room for clothes, rangefinder, binocs, videocam, and external straps for tripod, thermos, bow, etc. It has a large padded hip strap that can be secured to the tree as well.

I assume you're just looking for a pack that'll serve as a day pack, correct? No major hauling of meat with it?

For day packs, it's really tough to beat the Badlands Superday. If you polled a million people that really knew packs, that pack would be the cream of the crop for daypacks. The Superday has lots of little pockets and dividers and is extremely comfortable. If you want a somewhat similar pack, but with some hauling capabilities, the Black Creeks Canadian is wonderful. I used one elk hunting and it was really great!

Thanks for the advice, I went out today and found a pack I was looking for, it is a combo backpack with a detachable waste pack, it has a ton of seperate compartments, good enough for all items that I carry and it has the ability to mount a hydration pack inside.

Once again thanks for the recommendations.

Now it is off to the woods in a few hours.