• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RUBBER/PLASTIC BOAT to retrieve downed birds

we are first timers we plan on hitting local holes only have maybe a dozen decoys since we didnt know if we would like the sport. I was wondering what you guys think about using a rubber boat to put out the decoys and to retrieve the downed birds... if any. we would tie off with a rope in case it tears and we have life vests might get a bit wet but its worth a try. we might look into getting a canoe but like i said we wanted to try it out. We might hit the RAPIDS LAKE UNIT or some places near BELLE PLAINE. we plan on hunting from land ...edge of the water more specifically. Were really playing our cards and hoping to get lucky, shoot the breeze and enjoy a day out.

Just wear your pfd. I think if you try it you will love it. I purchaced a crow wing kayak for just the reasons you stated. I hunt big water in a 19ft. boat. I use the flat backed kayak for putting out dekes and pickng up birds. Good luck, I hope you have some action.