• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making a pork shoulder on the egg this weekend and wanted to try and make some bbq sauce this time instead of buying some. I 'm sure there are plenty of recipes available if I was smart enough to do a search but not sure what the heck i do wrong but when I search for bbq sauce, all i get is other types of sauces. Just looking if someone has a good recipe they can recomend to me. (usually prefer more the runny bbq sauce then the thicker ones if someone has a good one of those) Thanks

In a saucepan, melt about 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add a quarter cup of minced onions and saute for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn golden. Stir in a cup of tomato sauce, a cup of white vinegar, a quarter cup of worcestershire sauce, a couple of teaspoons of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, some black pepper, some cayenne pepper(usually a 1/4 teaspoon each) and maybe a dash of your favorite hotsauce. I use Franks hot sauce but it doesn't matter. Reduce the heat to low, and cook until the mixture thickens, approximately 20 minutes for a medium bodied sauce. You could take it off a little earlier if you want a runny one, this is a good sauce I use on everything. Hope it's good enough.

Use the sauce warm. It keeps, refrigerated, for a couple of weeks.

I know it's not a recipe and I apologize for that but a rsstaurant in Eden Prairie called Baker's Ribs has the best barbecue sauce ever. It's on the runny side and they make batches and bottle it themselves for sale at the counter. It's a texas barbecue joint with more of a memphis sauce. I use it when I make stuff like that. MMMMMMMMM. I know Iknow you wanted to make your own didn't mean to hijack your thread but I guarantee that is what you are looking for.

Here's what I like to use for BBQ sauce that's really simple to make.Use on beef,poultry and ribs.Yum

BBQ Basting Sauce

1/2 cup A.1 Steak Sauce

1/2 cup ketchup

1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning

Blend steak sauce,ketchup and hot pepper seasoning.

If you go to baker's stick to the sausage, ribs and dirty rice the other meats they wrap in plastic and aren't so hot. Texas based outfit that has 5 shops in texas and one in Minnesota one of the kids married a minnesota gal. Texas is known sausage and beef but take it from me it tastes more like pot roast than barbecue beef brisket.

I Made some that had rootbeer in it that was the way to go on ribs.

Wheres the recipe? I love root beer and a BBQ sauce with it in it sounds interesting.

I miss living in Kansas City, all the local BBQ joints sell their sauces in grocery stores down there, like Famous Daves.

This makes 7 cups of Rootbeer BBQ sauce

1 large finely chopped onion

8 cloves mince garlic

1 1/2 cups of rootbeer

4 cups ketchup

1 1/2 cup molasses

2/3 cup white vinger

1/2 cup worshire sauce

1/2 cup tomato paste

1/4 cup liquid smoke

1 cup packed dark brown sugar

1 tea spoon salt

1 tea spoon pepper

1-2 tea spoons hot sauce is says 2-3 but i keep it mild.

Heres the cooking part

Combine onion,garlic,rootbeer in large dutch oven cover med/high heat cook until onion is tender about 5 min.

Then add all other ingredients to dutch oven.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat to med/low

cook for 20 more mins. Stiring occasionally.

Then let is cool jar some up and put some on the ribs.

Enjoy....

Yes Zamboni Kc home of jack stacks burnt ends from kobe beef And bbq baked beans. mmmmmmmm