• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is anyone else sick of this stat...

nofishfisherman

I keep hearing about how many more homeruns the Sox's hit then the Twins. 235 to 111, last night the announcers mentioned it every time the Sox came up to bat.

They never once mentioned the fact that despite the homerun differential the Twins still managed to outscore the Sox on the season 829-811.

They made it sound like the Twins have this feable offense becuase they can't hit homeruns. It may be true that we didn't hit many this year but we are still 3rd in the AL and 4th in all of baseball in runs scored. I'll take that every year.

Just looking at homeruns for the season is a misleading stat.

Another interesting stat that no one mentions.

Team Batting Average

Twins 4th in MLB at .279

White Sox 16th in MLB .263

They did mention the average with runners in scoring position.

i guess what was irritating me was they kept comparing us to the Sox in only the homerun category. I wish they would have compared us in other categories like Avg. with runners on, or just team average, or total runs for the year. Maybe not as flashy as the homerun stat but very impressive.

I thought the announcers where a little rusty in general. They misspoke alot. Did any of you catch Eck fumbling with his words after the game? I believe he said something about a pitchers "walkout to strike ratio". Pretty sure he was looking for Srikeout to Walk ratio.

Just lots of slips throughout the game, you always knew what they meant but several times they got names mixed up, teams mixed up, etc. I just figure they are getting into playoff form.

I agree Nofish I'll take more runs. base runners and more pressure on the pitcher and defense any day over a few more dingoes and STRIKE OUTS!

That was weird with the announcers and some of their pronunciations. I swear he was calling AJ AG all night...LOL.

I'll take more runs.... but last night the team with the HOMERS would have been nice! Certain analysts, play by play guys, etc. love the Twins, but for the most part it is about $$$, viewership, advertising, market share ...etc. etc... and Chicago is $$$ vs. Minnesota, so don't think the networks or MLB is gonna do us any favors!

Not me, The twins have to hit 330 with runners in scoring position just to score runs. If you think this is gonna happen next year and so on your kidding yourself. What happened this year for the twins will never happen again. It was freakish how well they hit with runners in scoring position. In a perfect world i would take a mix of both, but the twins need to dump 2 regulars this year for power hitters in the future or it's gonna be 3-2 all year.

The guys on ESPN Baseball Tonight were talking about the Twins and their average with RISP...they made the point that in batting practice, the players are given situations (runner on 3rd, one out...runner on second, no out...runner on second, two out); that sort of thing. They made the point that the Twins are maybe the only team in the majors to do that...all teams talk about situational hitting, but the Twins are maybe the only team to actually practice it.

all the white sox fans no in thier heart they stole the title. if the game was here we would be in tampa playin the rays. runners on base are better than homers most days of the week IMO.