Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Sorgy

Super Believers 13" Help

Sceezerleo mentioned the Super Believer in a different post. So rather than Hijack the other post here we go confused

The big Super Believers came out a few years back. I have a 13 jointed SB(firetiger). I gave it a fair amount of water time a while back but it has since taken a backseat to other baits.

I mainly use it as a trolling bait. I have run it on both the shallow and deep settings- from 2.2 mph to 4.5- durring summer and fall.

I fish Vermilion.

What have been the most successful presentations you have had using the bait? It is huge and puts out a lot of commotion. I have not used it a topwater yet- Topwater bite on Vermilion has been terrible for me this year cry

I am looking to give her some more water time if I can find out a pattern that others seem to have success with.

I understand in late fall that some guy's do not prefer the jointed Believers (10")

Thanks for the help

Steve

I hooked up on Vermillion this summer with a 13" jointed believer used as a topwater at dusk. I use it as topwater bait more than a troller.

My technique revolves around hooking the front hook around my leader/snap. Then when retrieving the believer, it does barrell rolls jumping in and out of the water. I've had more fish attack the thing like that then doing straight surface retrieves.

But i've definitely moved some fish using it like a hawgwobbler, just none hooked, yet.

Thanks for the reply's.

When casting in a wind the barrel role retrieve is achievable on every other cast sick I just do not have the patience it takes to become confident in using it as a casting lure confused

I often fish alone and it becomes a tough time to narrow down the mornings selection to 3 or 4 baits and then try the Big Believer--- You will never believe my first 3 choices

1)dbl 10 2) big Pacemaker 3) Rad Dog spinner bait 4) Twitch minnow bait.

If there are 2 or more in the boat I will try to mix things up more.

Good Luck

Steve

Hey sorgy, I usually only use the 9 inch super believer. I do own a couple 13 inchers but reserve them for special ocasssions such as monster pike on millacs. Well i am a die hard believer fan so i dont know where to start here but yes the believer makes a great top water bait whether trolled or casted. In the summer i will only use the shallow setting ecspecally right after Mn muskie opeaner. Open water fishing has produced tons of muskies for me this year in depths up to 40 feet with my believer trolled only two feet below the surface. The most important thing to me is color for muskies, I know most guys dont get to hung up on color for big game aggressors such as muskies but with the pressure of metro or any muskie lakes for that matter color is very important. The beliver doesent come in many good colors so u have to be picky. I really only use one color but i wont say which one sorry. All i know is i wish they made solid black or better solid color super believers. in my opinion to many people get hung up on fire tiger, Chartuse, and other configurations of this manner. sure they are proven colors but they are way to over used. But yeah for suspended summer muskies the believer in a natural color is killer. in the fall i will switch between settings depending on depths. I like to fish mid depths with weeds to start out with on the shallow settings and if the sun comes out and it warms up ill hit the depths on the deep setting. Thats also a good time to pound the inside weedline by casting. I have to say i get way more follow ups with fish that wont hit a casted beleaver then i do catch. thats why i usually troll. split minnows of natural colors are hard to beat period because of the realistic mimic of baitfish. now i dont hardly ever use the straght believers but have caught pike on them when i did, the jointed believers without the tail on em work well to. And for the 13 inch super B, what a treat. With the right color and circumstance this is a deadly setup here. Simply errasistable to big big pike and trophy muskies. I am a beliver in the beleiver but i use other split minnows just as often because lifes to short to use one lure, although im confident id do just as well putin the 9 inch super beliver on and never takin it off again.

All i know is i wish they made solid black or better solid color super believers.

My 13" believer is solid black, it's easy as a big sharpie!

Maybe I need to clarify. The 13" Believer that I am talking about does not have the rubber tail. Could I have the Monster Believer? That is the one I am asking about.

I think I may have the knock the mothballs off the bait and get it in the water again this weekend. I am thinking Trolling Slow over some shallow structure.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks

Steve

Do any of you add a small bass casting weight to the front split ring of your believers?

I was at a seminar and the speaker recommended that for when you use jointed 10" believers for topwater. I believe it mellows the side to side action.

Huey