• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cajun seasoning on fish!

I may be the last guy to figure this out but holy cow is that good!

I had a couple of crappie fillets and didn't feel like setting up the flour, egg, and crumbs I usually do so.

Lightly/barely dusted the fillets with Cajun seasoning

Salt and pepper

Springled plain bread crumbs over both and lightly pressed the crumbs into the fillets.

Repeated for other side.

Fried in hot oil.

Its amazing how the simplest thing can taste so good!

Wow, thanks for that! laugh My buddy's cajun seasoning is the best. I've tried to use it on walleye for grilling...didnt turn out too well because I suck lol. But i'm gona try your recipe smile

To each his own I guess, a few years ago my little brother used a cajun mix on some Red Lake crappies - too darn hot!! Ruined a good batch of fish!! I still remember it, was looking forward to a nice meal of crappies, instead *&^$#@$%^*!!!!!

This has got a little kick to it.

Two parts flour, two parts yellow cornmeal and one part Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.

Serve with more Cavender's on the side.